Moved internet browser from SSD to HDD, sometimes hangs/goes slow

Soldato
Hello friends,

I figured by moving Firefox from the SSD to my HDD would be a wise choice to sustain my SSD's longevity (I browse a lot of media content on the web, videos, streams, music) but it now lags or hangs more often. Did I do something wrong in the migration? I copied the Firefox settings folder from the SSD to be used in the new location, I'm not quite sure if that was the right thing to do...

Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Associate
I leave mine on the SSD but some recommend putting it on a mechanical drive.

If your trouble shooting I would check out your power settings within windows, it could be that to save power windows it spinning down your hard drive and when you access it its having to respin back up which is causing the delay.

Try setting to performance power option and editing it and changing turn off hard drive to never.

Permabanned
Mechanical drive may well be powering down between activity... then those hangs are while you're waiting for the hdd platter to spin back up for access to start again.

Move the internet explorer back to the SSD... that's part of the point of having an SSD... utilising the extra small I/O speed that things like internet explorers will benefit greatly from! Modern SSDs should still last you 10+ years... is that no long enough?

Back
Top Bottom