***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
Hey,

Quick Q - on a custom ROM like CM, is it possible to reassign the buttons to mimic stock Android? I.e. have the "HTC button" act as home, and the Home buttom as recent apps?

Cheers,

Su

You can do this with custom kernels. TeamSeven kernel comes to mind.

The HTC logo isn't actually a button but you can tap just above it slightly & it works. I used to use it a lot before PIE came back in PA, It works really well in my opinion.

Have a look through here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one/orig-development

I think AGK supports it as well but you have to set it up through Trickster mod.

Soldato
Ah, so this is effectively just tapping on the screen then??

OOI, does anyone know how the GPE version works? Do they only have two keys as well (home and back).

Thanks for the links!

Su

Yup, all it does is just turns the lowest row of pixels on the screen just above the HTC logo into a button.

As for the GPe version, unlike Sense you can't remap the home button into hold -> menu, but a rooted version can.

Soldato
I've had the well known pink/purple haze camera issue for a while. Didn't think much of it, but a few weeks ago I dropped my phone on the train and cracked the screen. About to get the screen repaired on the insurance. Is it worth mentioning the camera thing too?

Soldato
I've had the well known pink/purple haze camera issue for a while. Didn't think much of it, but a few weeks ago I dropped my phone on the train and cracked the screen. About to get the screen repaired on the insurance. Is it worth mentioning the camera thing too?

Yes as it's a hardware fault due to the camera module being overheated. Although it seems even recently manufactured ones still sometimes get the problem...

Soldato
Hi,

I have a Tom Tom sat nav that does traffic updates via Bluetooth tethering.

So if I go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Mobile Network Sharing > Bluetooth Tethering and tick that box then everything works as expected, but every time I turn Bluetooth off this box is automatically cleared which is annoying.

I have an NFC tag in my car cradle that activates Bluetooth and car mode, is there anyway that I can add this tethering tick box in? I've looked in tasker and a few nfc launcher apps but I can't find anything.

Of course just making it ticked permanently would also do the trick.

Thanks!

Associate
I am unable to set up Microsoft Active Sync to get my emails on Exchange 2010. On my M7 I get an error message saying "unable to connect please try again later". Other (non M7) users can sync which says to me that the settings and connections are correct. The settings used to work but stopped working when Exchange was moved from 2003 to 2010. Anybody got any ideas to fix this please?

Soldato
You've not changed your version of android recently? Have you checked that the others that can sync are running the same version as you? There were issues with exchange and security on jelly bean, I don't know if they were ever fully resolved in future versions.

Does the mail client show under device administrators?

Have you tried syncing manually from the accounts menu?

Have you tried removing and recreating the account?

If you change the password on your phone to something incorrect does it get rejected? That would suggest at least getting to authorisation.

Do you have access to the server or a person that does?

Probably rubbish ideas that you've already tried, but its way past my bedtime!

Associate
Hoping an owner can help me here...

My wife's One was recently updated to the new Sense. She used to have a weather live wallpaper as her lockscreen but now it's gone, and we can't find a way to get it back.

Is it no longer there?

Back
Top Bottom