*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread ***

Soldato
Rom sounds great, however i still darent root, i jailbroke Iphones all the time but Rooting Android seems more daunting for some reason, sounds like nothings ever "perfect" either.

Associate
Rom sounds great, however i still darent root, i jailbroke Iphones all the time but Rooting Android seems more daunting for some reason, sounds like nothings ever "perfect" either.

It's perfectly easy if you follow the many guides that are out there. Only issue you will have is if you are on an newer bootloader with KNOX. If you root and you are on KNOX you will trip the flag and your warranty will be void. If you are on a pre-KNOX bootloader then really have nothing to worry about apart from which ROM you choose.

Soldato
It's perfectly easy if you follow the many guides that are out there. Only issue you will have is if you are on an newer bootloader with KNOX. If you root and you are on KNOX you will trip the flag and your warranty will be void. If you are on a pre-KNOX bootloader then really have nothing to worry about apart from which ROM you choose.

I bought it second hand anyway. Although i signed upto that Samsung thing for apparantly free 2 years warranty.

Soldato
Can anyone help me with a problem... Decided to root my s4 just so I could uninstall all the junk that I don't use. After doing so the phone refused to reboot and went in to a loop. I ended up just reinstalling firmware through odin. Managed to get it to root next time round but the wifi and sound stopped working, upgraded the firmware through kies and it just hung every time I touched the screen. Again ended up getting a new firmware and all was good but now the data connection refuses to work. Have tried a different bootloader, recovery, baseband etc and it just will not work and it's doing my nut in.

Any ideas?

Soldato
121302214874 item no.... Perfect cheap screen protector. Tempered glass that doesn't affect sensitivity. Not sure how scratch proof it is though.

Soldato

Not true anymore.....

http://towelroot.com/

Associate
Hi guys, my father recently picked up an S4 i9505 off eBay, but its locked to EE. And i can't for the life of my unlock it to work on o2/Tesco Mobile. Ive tried the service menu trick, but that doesn't work. As its off eBay, ive already rooted it, i doubt it has any sort of warranty. If i flash an o2 UK rom will that get rid of the network lock perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom