busy weekend? do tell....

Soldato
Its been a lovely weekend but what have you all been upto?

for us, my kids had a judo grading this morning, then off to surf club, spent most of the day on the beach....followed by slow cooked lamb for tea.

so do tell...

rotters

Soldato
Implementing a neural network, sleeping in a lot, trying to enter the world of blogging in the laziest manner possible several years late (which I am shamelessly promoting at every possible opportunity).

Man of Honour
Went back to parents,. Set up a new pc for them, so hopefully less phone calls.
Visited a chilli farm,. Had a tour and got a load of plants to supplement the few I have already.
Then had an amazing BBQ., whole leg of lamb with flat bread and salad, followed by cheese cake. Copious amounts of pimms and when that ran out. Ginger liquor, vodka and lemonade.

Then this mooring,. Showed someone my car and they agreed to buy it,. Awaiting a 50% deposit in next few days. Caught up on a bit ooh sleep this afternoon,. Now watching alien, followed by black hawk down.
Then off work tomorrow as well. Down the allotment putting up a large Polly tunnel for tomatoes and chillis.

Woo yeah great weekend.

Soldato
Saturday:
It was my Mum's 60th birthday, so my parents, my siblings and respective partners and their parents went for a lovely lunch indian meal in Henley. We went to a pub after for a few more drinks.

Sunday:
Me, Wife, Mum, Dad and Sister went to the Blunsdon and Cricklade railway. The diesel train was running and we had a go on that.

Afterwards we went to my parents for some tasty food.

Had an afternoon nap. And just pottering around now.

Soldato
Had my last outing in a novice boat yesterday, went for a swim in the ouze (river in york, its grim probably got Weils) then went out for a few beers.

Watched the rowing world cup today (a sport we actually do well at!) and thats about it

Soldato
Yup Glaucus! Just settled into my evening and a freaking almighty crash came from the kitchen. Half the plasterboard has come down - no idea why, either. Messy, too.

Man of Honour
Yup Glaucus! Just settled into my evening and a freaking almighty crash came from the kitchen. Half the plasterboard has come down - no idea why, either. Messy, too.

No sign of water damage, underneath bathroom or anything. That's the usual cause.

Soldato
Wedding in Harrogate yesterday and brunch this morning. Quality day-night-day

On recovery as burned and hungover yet again. It feels like I haven't had a weekend off the beers for years. Constant gigs, birthdays, wedding, festivals and stag do's

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Saturday: Spent hours rebuilding the carb on my strimmer as it just wouldn't pick-up full speed/torque when you pull the trigger, along with tweaking the carb screws to try and get it to run nicely again. Helped a little but still felt very lumpy :mad:.

Sunday: Stripped more of it down to check for carbon build-up etc, which annoyingly seemed clear. Eventually took the clutch drum off and, I think I might have found the problem:

plOuyH6l.jpg

This would explain why there was a grinding noise when it was running then :o.

I'm assuming this would cause the clutch to slip/not engage properly and may (hopefully) explain the low RPM?

Soldato
No sign of water damage, underneath bathroom or anything. That's the usual cause.

Nothing at all! It's a bit of a mystery. It could be due to the age of the house, and the fact that considerable building work next door has been going on for half a year with heavy machinery. Other than that, I'm stumped! I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom