Glastonbury...

How did you guys secure your tickets? I attempted first (and only) time in 2004 - telephone was always engaged and their web site timed out. Apparently tickets sold out within an hour. Defeatist I know, but I never bothered trying again after 2004.

Permabanned
How did you guys secure your tickets? I attempted first (and only) time in 2004 - telephone was always engaged and their web site timed out. Apparently tickets sold out within an hour. Defeatist I know, but I never bothered trying again after 2004.

Know when the tickets go live then f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5 until you connect..

Personally I'd just buy tickets from someone looking to make some money...they've done all the hard work for me. Granted they might be 2x or even 3x the price, but that's still just a days wage to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Know when the tickets go live then f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5 until you connect..

Personally I'd just buy tickets from someone looking to make some money...they've done all the hard work for me. Granted they might be 2x or even 3x the price, but that's still just a days wage to me.

You can't buy tickets from anywhere other than the official site. All tickets are named along with a picture of ticket bearer on them so no chance of buying off touts etc!

Soldato

Aren't Glasto ticket like £400 a pop? Are you a Premiership footballer by any chance?

Caporegime
Any worthwhile tips for a newbie?

Bring spare loo rolls.
Bring bin bags - to keep the rubbish together, to sit down on if its muddy, use it as a poncho when it rains/keep warm as the plastic really traps in the heat.
Air beds - its great ! Beats those stupid matts, don't care what people say.
Bring a fold down chair, sitting on the floor actually gets tiring
Bring a torch
Keep all your valuables with you

Go explore the site, it's HUGE !!!! Go to the Stone Circle for sunrise.

Permabanned
:p

I work hard for my cash. I don't sit behind a desk writing emails/reports about nothing important. I've had 3 days off in 3 months. 12-14 hour days physical labour, then to come home to 18 cats, 12 dogs, 6 horses, 2 donkeys and a mule who all want feeding/attention...

I'll swap you for a few days of my 'glamorous life' for your 20-30k job and an abundance of free time :p

Caporegime
I never said anything about the nature of your work or the amount of leave you take. I was pointing out that you just mentioned it completely out of the blue as though you felt obliged to wave it around.

You have no idea how much I do or do not make, or how I earn it, and you won't because it's just not relevant to the majority of threads on an internet forum.

Caporegime
Hari Krishna tent is great. Chilled out bunch, great free food and some relaxing music. The best bang for buck ratio alcohol is the Brothers tent ;)

Man of Honour
:p

I work hard for my cash. I don't sit behind a desk writing emails/reports about nothing important. I've had 3 days off in 3 months. 12-14 hour days physical labour, then to come home to 18 cats, 12 dogs, 6 horses, 2 donkeys and a mule who all want feeding/attention...

I'll swap you for a few days of my 'glamorous life' for your 20-30k job and an abundance of free time :p

Bizarre.

Anyway, very much looking forward to the weekend. We have three vans of us going, one VW camper and two large RVs. Taking our own shower and loo with us is a winner.

I know being uncomfortable in a tent is doing it properly and so on, but there you go!

Caporegime
Bizarre.

Anyway, very much looking forward to the weekend. We have three vans of us going, one VW camper and two large RVs. Taking our own shower and loo with us is a winner.

I know being uncomfortable in a tent is doing it properly and so on, but there you go!

Your own loo and shower?

Gone are the old days where you go 4 days with no shower sleep with a sleeping bag on the floor with no mats, at 4am your friend comes in absolutely off his face and thinks he is at the loo and starting unzipping his flies and take a wee...diving out just in the nick of time to sleep under the stars instead in a pool of urine....but my mate did.

lol

One year I had all my stuff nicked from the tent (except my wallet that I had on me) and went the entire weekend without getting changed.

Man of Honour
Indeed, we have pretty nice bathroom in the van! Last year we parked on too steep of a hill so the shower didn't really work though. We behave quite badly but at least we wake up somewhere comfortable.

At green man a couple of years ago, I had a wee in a plastic pint glass during the night and it turned out it was cracked. Ended up going all over some of my clothes and sleeping bag. That's tents for you!

Soldato
Heading there for the first time, done festivals in the past, but last one was 2009.

Travelling down Tuesday night via private coach as there's a lot of us going. Hopefully arrive about half 7 Wednesday Morning.

Nervously looking forward to 5 days of filth. The closest thing i'm getting to luxury will be the wet wipes I take for the toilet.

Soldato
Surprised wet wipes haven't been mentioned yet, they're the only way to feel even slightly clean!

Take as much alcohol as your vehicle can carry! Leave half of it in the car when you arrive if you have to and make a booze run after a day or two.

There are cash machines on sight, so don't take a crazy amount of cash with you and take your debit card.

Caporegime
Surprised wet wipes haven't been mentioned yet, they're the only way to feel even slightly clean!

Take as much alcohol as your vehicle can carry! Leave half of it in the car when you arrive if you have to and make a booze run after a day or two.

There are cash machines on sight, so don't take a crazy amount of cash with you and take your debit card.

I just find the nearest tap and put my head under it :p

Soldato
Take a pee bottle - that's a bottle you can pee into in the middle of the night, not an already-full bottle of pee.

Torch, good shoes, cash, lots of cigarettes (if you smoke), more booze than you think you'll need, lots of toilet paper, etc.

You'll walk an awful lot - last year I drunk myself silly over the course of a week and everything I ate was fried (and I ate a lot of it) and somehow managed to lose half a stone.

I put off going to Glastonbury for years, mainly for the aforementioned reasons - a load of middle class kids and old folk being bohemians for a week in a field filled me with dread. Turns out it's only a little bit like that. The rest of it is fairly normal. Devastated I'm not going this year, but have a wedding to attend :(

Man of Honour
What highlights are people looking forward to? For me the Correspondents, Skrillex, James Blake and Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip are prob the things I am most excited about.

Back
Top Bottom