Trying to trouble shoot

Associate
I'd go with this basic troubleshooting (assemble out of case and turn on with screwdriver to short the power pins):

Mainboard - ATX block and any additional 4 pin headers required to power it up
CPU - Make sure its in properly, if its a recent CPU make sure your current mainboard BIOS (lol BIOS) version supports it without an update
Memory module - put one in, make sure it's seated properly
Graphics card - seat it properly, if it requires an additional power block make sure thats plugged in too
CPU Fan - make sure this is plugged into the CPU header on the mainboard, if your into a system fan header it won't work
PSU - Make sure the mains switch is on, the PSU on/off switch is on. You are looking for the power LED on the mainboard to come on

Try that, go from there. Feed back.

Associate
OP
I'd go with this basic troubleshooting (assemble out of case and turn on with screwdriver to short the power pins):

Mainboard - ATX block and any additional 4 pin headers required to power it up
CPU - Make sure its in properly, if its a recent CPU make sure your current mainboard BIOS (lol BIOS) version supports it without an update
Memory module - put one in, make sure it's seated properly
Graphics card - seat it properly, if it requires an additional power block make sure thats plugged in too
CPU Fan - make sure this is plugged into the CPU header on the mainboard, if your into a system fan header it won't work
PSU - Make sure the mains switch is on, the PSU on/off switch is on. You are looking for the power LED on the mainboard to come on

Try that, go from there. Feed back.

I will do that, going to have to do it later though. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom