BMW M4

Man of Honour
I believe from my CSL mates in the know, that a CSL version will be produced. That might be interesting, but if the engine isn't right it will ruin it. Such a vital part of the CSL experience.

Permabanned
I think given the money I would rather have a secondhand, well specced 640d.

Yes. A diesel. That apparently sounds like an aircooled 911..

Man of Honour
I think given the money I would rather have a secondhand, well specced 640d.

I'd also rather have one of those than an M3. Not sure what that says about me really. Though i'd probably prefer the 640i.

Frankly the 640 is the most desirable car in the BMW range for me right now. I just love it. It's everything my 530 is but just.. a bit more wow in every possible way. I'd like one one-day, though I'm not sure it might not be a bit dated by the time it's time to move the F10 on.

Associate
I have been very excited about the new M3, I am curtailing my excitement because I know that I don't need a new car and that in a few years when I do I'll be able to get one of these much cheaper. :( but still I want

Hawker

Permabanned
I think the statement proves that you are both not the target demographic for the M3/4...
Not sure. I would rather have a C2S over both of them, the current M3/4 just does nothing for me these days.

Pretty sure I would rather have a 650i over an M6 too. M6 is just TOO flashy for my liking.

This is why I love the E39 M5, to anyone not in the know it looks no different to a 530i, other than the exhausts.

Also why I love the 8p2 and earlier S3's, wolf in sheep clothing bodystyle.

Soldato
OP
So a question to the people more in the know, when would you expect to start seeing discounts on a newly launched M car? Would you expect to wait 12 months before seeing these?

I want one, but I don't want to pay silly money now only to see big discounts in a few months time.

Thanks,

Adam

Soldato
My prediction is we won't see any big discounts for a long time. There may be a possibility of some reasonable lease deals in the near future, but I wouldn't bet on it. Back when the E92 M3 was released the country went into recession shortly after and there were some cracking deals to be had; but I have my doubts on this given the current economic climate.

Man of Honour
So a question to the people more in the know, when would you expect to start seeing discounts on a newly launched M car? Would you expect to wait 12 months before seeing these?

I want one, but I don't want to pay silly money now only to see big discounts in a few months time.

Thanks,

Adam

If you want discounts and are happy to wait your best bet is to just buy a 1 year old AUC one in a years time. It'll be no different to a new one really.

Soldato
Well I'm not going to be getting an M4 (or a BMW for that matter), the dealer service has put me off.. When I enquired about the M4 at the local dealer they said they we're getting one in and would contact me when as it arrived.. I hadn't heard from them so I phoned this morning, the salesman was busy but I told the receptionist what I was calling for and she said the M4 came in a week ago, she apologised and said the salesman I had spoken to would phone me back immediately..

Still haven't had a call so no way will I buy from them now and if that's BMW service then I don't want to know.. maybe I wasn't dressed correctly when I went there, so annoying!

Man of Honour
Well I'm not going to be getting an M4 (or a BMW for that matter), the dealer service has put me off.. When I enquired about the M4 at the local dealer they said they we're getting one in and would contact me when as it arrived.. I hadn't heard from them so I phoned this morning, the salesman was busy but I told the receptionist what I was calling for and she said the M4 came in a week ago, she apologised and said the salesman I had spoken to would phone me back immediately..

Still haven't had a call so no way will I buy from them now and if that's BMW service then I don't want to know.. maybe I wasn't dressed correctly when I went there, so annoying!

I never understand this sort of thing really. You now won't spend £60,000 on a car because one salesman at one independent company that holds a BMW franchise didn't call you back?

I mean, really? You can't have wanted one that badly or you'd not have allowed something so trivial to put you off.

Permabanned
Truro Audi did this to my Dad, he went to Plymouth Audi and bought a brand new one for less than the price Truro were selling a year old one for. They completely ignored him!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26512253 said:
I never understand this sort of thing really. You now won't spend £60,000 on a car because one salesman at one independent company that holds a BMW franchise didn't call you back?

I mean, really? You can't have wanted one that badly or you'd not have allowed something so trivial to put you off.

I didn't want one that badly... I want to change my car asap and the dealer I bought my Evo from wants to my mine asap..

There's not that many cars that have taken my interest but the M4 was one of them but I need to experience it as the last time I took an M3 for a test drive I didn't like it. Part of that experience is the customer service and if that fails at the start then it's a bit disappointing especially spending £58K+

Man of Honour
I didn't want one that badly...

Sounds like the salesman got you spot on - you were never going to order one, which is why you 'didn't want one that badly' and are now put off the entire marque by the actions of a single salesman. Yea. He could have dropped one to your door with a full tank of fuel and said keep it all week and the end result would have been the same - no order.

Sounds like good customer qualification from the salesman?

If you need a car ASAP an M3 wont be right for you as there will be a lead time on an order.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26512657 said:
Sounds like the salesman got you spot on - you were never going to order one, which is why you 'didn't want one that badly' and are now put off the entire marque by the actions of a single salesman. Yea. He could have dropped one to your door with a full tank of fuel and said keep it all week and the end result would have been the same - no order.

Sounds like good customer qualification from the salesman?

If you need a car ASAP an M3 wont be right for you as there will be a lead time on an order.

I was going to do a proper reply to this but tbh I can't be bothered, you're obviously a salesman that knows more about me than me..

Man of Honour
No, i'm not a salesman, but come on, lets look at it logically.

You 'I want to change my car asap' because 'the dealer I bought my Evo from wants to my mine asap'. There is an element of urgency about your car change. Which is fair enough but the M3/M4 has what, a lead time of circa 3 months? It's not going to work for you, is it. You can't change your car ASAP if you want a new M3 or M4.

That in itself is enough of an indicator as to why you were never going to order one from the dealer but the fact that one salesman not bothering to call you back has now apparently convinced you that you don't, after all, want an M4 just further proves you were never that serious about buying one. If you were seriously interested in spending £60,000 on a brand new high performance Coupe it would take more than a single salesman not bothering to phone you back to make you suddenly decide, without so much as a test drive, that actually you won't buy one, or any other car made by that manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom