New phone time, M8, G3 or wait?

Soldato
OP
I'm not getting anything
First I was set on the z2
But it's too big for its screen size and it doesn't look comfy

Then I really wanted the g3
But it's screen put me off.. Can't max out brightness too long, poor contrast ratios.
Why.. LG going for the ppi figure! Damn marketing!

Never wanted the s5.too Damn ugly
Never wanted the M8 due to personal choice

Then I got the Kitkat update on my current phone
And decided no point upgrading for something that is practically worse than my current phone
I have basically saved 400 pounds if I keep this 2 yrs

If Google had decided to go with updating the Galaxy Nexus to 4.4, then I'd be happy to keep my phone for a while longer, but they haven't and I got bored a while back messing around with roms.

Associate
£415 delivered from GSM Nation.

Thanks had a look but no mention of delivery dates. I've never heard of gsm before. Are they quick for pre orders or is it a case of waiting a whole to recieve

Thats such a good price, very interested in the above info too.

EDIT: If you click pre-order it says
Expected Ship Date is: First Week of January
lol

Soldato
Thats such a good price, very interested in the above info too.

EDIT: If you click pre-order it says lol

I actually think its a price mistake, as the pre-tax and post-tax is the same. With added VAT its comes to £498 or it come be that the pre-tax price is wrong. But they seems to be selling both the S5 and M8 at a good price, so who knows.

Last edited:
Associate
I've emailed them to ask about Rouget delivery date as saw the January bit as well. Free people advised 28th for delivery but site now shows expected 4th but for carphone warehouse advise 1st

Soldato
Reading some of the latest reviews, I'm kinda glad I didn't wait for the g3, non premium looks, battery life and screen brightness.. For me personally that kills it for me.

Soldato
OP
So, the M8 has a not so great camera, the G3 probably has a not so great display and the Z2 has a not so great battery. I think I might just stick with what I've got and see if anything else is around the corner.

Soldato
Which reviews are your referring to?

But here's another review

This pretty much sums up the phone perfectly. I love mine, it doesn't feel like a 5.5" phone and I don't have a need to use the hardware buttons at all. The display is lovely, colours are good and from what I understand from reviews have been tweaked with slight improvement over the Korean model was used for the early video's, go check out some G3 Korean vs Europe vids.

When I got the phone yesterday the sun was at its highest and was extremely bright, I needed 100% brightness but the screen was fine and useable in direct sun. I keep my display around 75-80% just as the reviewer stated and its perfect.

Build quality is great, I have no ill fitting bezels, buttons or QC issues at all, the camera lens is cantered perfectly and the the whole thing is just nigh on perfect on a weight/aesthetics balance.

As you can tell I love mine, I personally cant see why anyone would be put off buying this phone unless they needed a specific feature it just didn't have and there isn't many it doesn't have.

I cant comment on battery life as the first few days/week of a new phone is going to be pretty abnormal use and I have only had the unit less than 24 hours so that is something that needs to be gauged over a longer period of more normal use.

The phone looks and feels superb in the hand and the thin bezels just make it so streamlined. The only thing that I think it should have had is the ip rating for water resistance as the unit seems so baron of anything but screen, I suppose though that would have hiked prices and lets not forget that this is currently the cheapest flagship phone on the market while being the newest. The only phone I can see being better this year is the note 4 and I can imagine the price of that on release will be quite a bit more as the note 3 still holds its price now only a few months before its successors is released.

Soldato
OP
Looks like if I wanted the G3 I'd have to wait till at least the middle of July as Vodafone are not stocking the handset yet. They reckon that LG are not releasing it to them. A bit odd that you can get it from almost everywhere else though.

Back
Top Bottom