• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 560 Ti Upgrade?

Soldato
Hey all

Might have a bit of money coming my way and thinking of upping my GFX card, got the GTX 560 Ti back when it was released for a new build so it's a little out-dated, it still plays most games, but have been finding it doesn't like DX11 all that much and has a nasty habit of crashing games if they're too pretty - Tomb Raider and Batman: Arkham Origins being prime examples.

Now I'm not sure what to go for, whether to get another 560 somewhere and SLI it, but the price of another is still roughly the same as a complete replacement.

Issue I have is I've been out of the component side for a while and am not sure what to go for, whether go for 4Gb of GDDR3 or 2Gb of GDDR5?
Given that the 560 has 1Gb GDDR5 and my system in general has 8Gb DDR3 RAM, and was meant to last a whole lot longer without being poked anymore/updated till the next big clearout.

So....suggestions!?

Ideally under £100 but can stretch to £120

Soldato
I'd be straight into the members market and looking at some of the deals on 7950-670-7970-680-280x etc.

Don't bother getting another 560Ti, you'll still be limited to only 1GB of vram.

Caporegime
I always use Anandtech to compare older GPUs with newer ones but it is down for maintenance at the moment but something like a 7850/660 would be a nice upgrade but they are quite above your budget.

Just seen this in the B Grade section and that would be a nice upgrade

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-362-GI&groupid=595&catid=683

Or this (which has one left in stock)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-307-GI&groupid=595&catid=683

Either of those will work well and safely in your budget.

Back
Top Bottom