Shipping to South Korea - Import Tax?

Associate
Hello,

I'm looking to send a box of assorted gifts to my friend in South Korea and I'm just wondering whether you have to pay any import charges for South Korea?

Box is 1.2kg, 35cmx25cmx16cm and content worth is £40.

Thanks in advance :)

Caporegime
He or you ? Why would you pay ?

I dunno go read the inter web and see what they charge import tax on if its 40 quid value im sure it wont be more than 10 quid max.

Declare it on the customs label as something with no value, like UKIP manifesto's or Used Manga DVDs

Associate
OP
He or you ? Why would you pay ?

I dunno go read the inter web and see what they charge import tax on if its 40 quid value im sure it wont be more than 10 quid max.

Declare it on the customs label as something with no value, like UKIP manifesto's or Used Manga DVDs

My friend, I've had a Google around but all I can find is questions and calculations regarding sales and not gifts :(

When I sent stuff to the USA there was a limit before you were charged but I can't seem to find anything regarding South Korea

Edit: I would pay as it seems rude sending a gift and having the recipient pay for charges.

Associate
The tax-free limit for postal import of goods for personal use is KRW 150,000 which is around 85GBP. Make sure you give details of the goods and the price.

Back
Top Bottom