• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Upgrade

Associate
After struggling on with my HD7850 it's time to change the card out.

I'm pretty much out of the loop these days but would like something that's going to last a while.

I have my eye on a GTX 780 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-114-GI

EDIT: I should also add that I'm looking for something quiet and that can run at 2560x1440. I'm not too bothered about overclocking it right out of the box but might in the future

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Going by game benchmarks, I would say definitely not. The only reason I would recommend a 290X over a 290, is for someone that is quite heavily into benching. As for acoustics, I'm probably not the best person to advise on that point, though I reckon most of those models will be fairly quiet - ranging to very quiet. I'm assuming that the VTX will be the loudest.

I'm sure some of the 290 owners will pop along before too long.

Seems to be one of these B-grade cards left, if you're interested :

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-392-GI&groupid=595&catid=683

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks again, I appreciate the help =)

Looks like I'll be going for a powercolor 290, not that keen on getting a b grade now I've had problems with a card

Caporegime
Thanks again, I appreciate the help =)

Looks like I'll be going for a powercolor 290, not that keen on getting a b grade now I've had problems with a card

You're welcome. :)

Enjoy whatever model you choose. I don't think you can wrong either way.

Back
Top Bottom