Where are all the Logitech mice?

Soldato
As title. My MX518 is getting a little long in the tooth so need a replacement, and given the customer service I received from then I would like to get another Logitech mouse but there are only 3 available? I remember them being a ridiculous number of options before, has something happened, and are there likely to be more coming back to the store in the future?

Soldato
Wow, you are right. Only one logitech gaming mouse listed on the overclockers website.

About 6 months ago, I upgraded my mx518 to a Logitech G400S. Basically the same shape but with improved components.

Wonder why there are no logitech products on overclockers.

Soldato
mx 518 got replaced by the g400 which then got replaced by the g400s, which I think is fugly which is why I have a g 400 and 2 more sat in their boxes waiting for when mine fails haha.

the 2 spare I have were brought from here when they were EOL on special price :)

Soldato
Logitech is no more at overclockers for many reasons but mainly as they are not a good seller they make no effort to support us or our customers.

Soldato
I would have too 4 years ago.

but personal opinions aside I can't go into great detail but they are not a feature product and won't be for the foreseeable future

Permabanned
Support did go down a touch a few years ago and TBH IMO the hardware is not same quality and very poor batt life on many devices, shame for once the #1.

They ruined their Harmony remote range and then could not even sell it on and had to keep it.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hello

I will be totally frank with you guys here in an effort to be totally transparent on the issues with Logitech so that as customers you all fully understand what has caused the removal of Logitech products from Overclockers.co.uk

Last year Logitech had a meeting with me. In this meeting we discussed their new pricing strategy and my aim was to get our businesses working together closely again.

Logitech pulled their G series from the market briefly in the hope that a rebrand of the range and alteration of key skus would mean that they would regain their channel control.

Logitech have a great reputation and I felt that it was important for Overclockers UK to be a key partner for their brand relaunch in gaming peripherals.

Previously, Logitech products were always driven to resellers in end of quarter deals from UK distribution. This meant that retailers would take bulk stock at silly prices that distribution needed to clear. To customers this was great as you would regularly see OcUK and our competition providing huge discounts on products frequently.

The problem with this was that the above practice, whilst beneficial to end users, is very detrimental to channel control. Logitech were not happy that they had zero control over their market in this region.

By making their whole range end of life and rebranding it all, they set the record straight. they removed themselves from the market for a while and allowed these deal SKUs to run dry.

Flash forward to my meeting with Logitech around a year or so ago. New rep and a new attitude, they tell me that they are looking for an exclusive retail partner to support their brand and uphold margin.

We agree on pricing and I phased in the whole range as the ONLY online retail partner for the brand. Currys and PC World were the retail partner.

The agreement we made was to uphold our price points and leave them in line with Logitech's own RRPs. there was also an agreement stating specifically that I would not alter my pricing without prior consent from Logitech.

So the brand relaunched here and we enjoyed fairly decent sales. Within a few months, Logitech sales had picked up to a healthy level matching other brands such as Roccat.

A few more months go by and I notice that more and more retailers are listing the new G series products. At this point, there was zero communication from Logitech to Overclockers UK

Pricing across the board in peak season was dropping alarmingly low. Some skus being sold by major Logitech 'partners' at well below our cost price.

I contacted Logitech numerous times regarding the matter to express my concerns and ask why Overclockers UK were sticking to the agreement but seemingly every other retailer listing Logitech was selling at close or below distribution cost with seemingly zero penalty.

Logitech's response:

Rich,

Appreciate your frustrations on this but retail pricing is at the retailers discretion, we obviously cannot comment on other customers pricing also.

I have previously given you some support via sales out allowances but in this instance we cannot support price protection as this is not activity supported by Logitech.

When we do have promotions running I aim to match this across my customer base but we have moved to more 'value added' promotions such as vouchers, redemptions, stock/samples prizes etc.

I am happy to put in a catalogue of offers for the OCUK customers but I cannot support you on price.

This email was a reply to a complaint I made highlighting that I could purchase a G27 racing wheel from Currys & PC World at a price including VAT that was 15%+ less than official Logitech distribution pricing ex VAT.

This is the same representative, who one year before was pressing the importance to us of channel integrity and pricing control within the UK from tier one partners.

Essentially, Logitech are happy for retailers to price their products at cost or below and are unwilling to assist Overclockers in matching prices because we have purchased stock from official distribution channels rather than sourcing unofficial or out of region 'grey' stock.

Either way, Logitech do not care. Despite requests for support and our constant attempts at communication to build relationships and support their brand on our website and promote to our community, we have received zero support and no interest from any Logitech representatives in rectifying this problem.

There are no future plans to reinstate the brand.

Instead we will be offering our full support to our featured peripheral partners.

I will be happy to answer any questions regarding this information within this thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
That seems fair enough, Thought it was a little strange when they rebranded all their stuff for what appeared to be no reason at the time.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Realistically, I am not here to **** off their products. They have a place in the market and they are good at what they do.

All I am offering in the above post is an honest overview of what has happened so that people can be linked to it when the question is asked.

We have a large range of brilliant peripherals so they will not be missed.

If you must buy a Logitech product, my personal opinion is to buy it from the cheapest retailer you can.

Associate
Wow! Thanks for being so honest Rikoneill! Thats really appreciated!

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense.jpg

Soldato
well done for being so open, as it's been mentioned, in the past they offered amazing support - they seemed to have a change in management and they went from great to totally ****.

They lost a dinovo edge keyboard I sent back for repair and insisted they never had it and I was trying to con them.

This was despite the fact it was sent recorded, signed for, they confirmed they received it and it was indeed faulty.... several months of s***y emails and I finally got a replacement, went straight on fleabay and never touched them since.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I'm not here to slate them. I'm simply offering an explanation as to why the listings have been hidden at OcUK.

All I can do is encourage you guys to make your purchases based on support from the brands who support OcUK and our community.

Over the past few years and especially since i have been in control of our peripheral groups, Overclockers UK has been 100% focussed on what customers want and what customers are given.

If a company treats customers like crap and doesn't provide us with acceptable terms for returns, then we simply do not stock them.

The brands we list offer us exceptional returns policies that allow us to advance replace faulty items.

As the peripherals manager, I 100% understand that gamers buy a product with the expectation of being able to use them straight away. If a product goes faulty then a quick turn around is not just expected, but critical for a peripheral more than any other components you can purchase.

If a company doesn't want to cooperate with us to allow us to provide the best service we can, the I will not list those products.

I believe that our peripheral range caters for every gamer very well and that our customer service, returns procedures and extended money back guarantees mean that customers get the best they can all of the time.

I can confidently say that all of our peripheral brands allow us to provide a great service to our customers.
If there is any peripheral brands that are absent from our offer, I always do whatever I can to integrate them to meet both OcUKs demands and our customers demands.

I don't see the lack of Logitech products at Overclockers UK as a loss.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Indeed, thanks for the frank and honest reply rjkoneill.

So, my MX518 is on the way out and I know nothing of mice outside of the logitech brand, so spec me a new mouse! I can go up to £50 if it can get me something special! At the very least I'd want a couple of buttons under my thumb like the 518 has, use them so much for dota and general PC usage.Not really sure what else there is to look for in a mouse!

Man of Honour
Interesting read. There was me thinking they were one of the best for customer service but seemingly not.

Customer service (end user) is probably completely separate to their sales division who it appear have put OcUK in essentially an untenable position regardless of whether it was intentional or otherwise or whether they are a good/bad company.

Back
Top Bottom