Holiday ideas please!

Soldato
Myself and the gf are planning on doing some of Cambodia and Vietnam next year. Not really a backpacker type of holiday as we'll be trying to stay in some decentish resorts whilst we're over there but aiming to stay in the more lively beach towns for longer periods. Got good amount of nights in Bangkok, Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh to check out the cities, and then short stay in Siem Reap to have a look at Angkor Wat, and then some longer time in Nha Trang and Sihanoukville to lounge about pools, beaches, bars etc!

Here's our itinerary as it currently stands for anyone interested....
APRIL
02-FLY OUT EVENING
03-ARRIVE BKK EVENING
04-BKK
05-BKK
06-FLY TO SIEM REAP
07-SIEM REAP - FULL DAY ANGKOR WAT
08-FLY TO SIHANOUKVILLE
09-SIHANOUKVILLE
10-SIHANOUKVILLE
11-SIHANOUKVILLE
12-SIHANOUKVILLE
13-SIHANOUKVILLE
14-BUS TO PHNOM PENH
15-PHNOM PENH
16-PHNOM PENH
17-BUS TO HO CHI MINH
18-HO CHI MINH
19-HO CHI MINH
20-FLY TO NHA TRANG
21-NHA TRANG
22-NHA TRANG
23-NHA TRANG
24-NHA TRANG
25-NHA TRANG
26-FLY BACK TO HO CHI MINH
27-FLY BACK TO UK EVENING
28-ARRIVE HOME MORNING

Associate
I did 2 months in Cambodia and Vietnam (with Thailand stop over) a few years back it was awesome.

I did the usual haunts and stayed with some locals in the jungle for a week, part of a scheme the Hostel was running, which was great.

If you don't mind the uncertainty I would say wait till you are there and see what's happening, sometimes you will follow the crowd other times you will find the unusual.

Love the idea of an **** Official Adventurers Thread ****, my next want to do is Peru/Ecuador/Costa Rica.

Soldato
OP
Do give details of your volcano trip

OMG! sorry! i missed this.

It was Stromboli off the north coast of Sicily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stromboli

ejx2tg.jpg

Soldato
OP
lol, google picture. Wish that was mine!

Nope, easy jet to Sicily, ferry to stromboli and away you go. You need a guide to climb to the top but that gets you above the main vent! Awesome on a day with the right wind. We got bathed in sulphurous fog!

From the north side you can walk up 2/3s of the way and watch magma balls roll down and sizzle into the sea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...lose-one-Europes-active-volcanoes-ERUPTS.html

It was erupting every 20 or so minutes when we were there. Has been for 80 years!

A gif i made

VHUPy.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hi again everyone!

Time to re drag the old thread back to the top :D

Just come back from a 1700 mile tour of Irelands Wild Atlantic way and realised i have nothing booked to look forward to now :(

Anyone got any new suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom