what incentives do your employers offer?

Soldato
OP
im trying to incentivise our internal bank of staff. rather than having to go out to external agencies. So far I've brought in weekly pay, access to training funds that where "substantives only". Im thinking of linking up with local theaters/restaurants/cinemas for give away tickets that I could run as a prize draw once a month.

geographically we are screwed having no other cities to pull from, so I have a pool of staff that I need to get focused on working.

its a new direction for my career, so requiring a bit of thought.

Ill read those other threads too,

cheers all,

rotters

Caporegime
Free gym in the building - with personal trainers available and classes
Good pension
GP, physio, dentist on site
Professional fees reimbursed
Pretty good team social budget
Loads of sport clubs with generous budgets if that's your thing

those sound like benefits rather than incentives... presumably you just have to be employed there to get them not hit any particular performance targets

Caporegime
only vague incentive at my place is a discretionary bonus + annual pay rise - the bonus is supposed to be linked to performance but in reality there is a retention element and a bit of anchoring to the level of bonus you've had historically

Caporegime
Man of Honour
im trying to incentivise our internal bank of staff. rather than having to go out to external agencies. So far I've brought in weekly pay, access to training funds that where "substantives only". Im thinking of linking up with local theaters/restaurants/cinemas for give away tickets that I could run as a prize draw once a month.

geographically we are screwed having no other cities to pull from, so I have a pool of staff that I need to get focused on working.

its a new direction for my career, so requiring a bit of thought.

Ill read those other threads too,

cheers all,

rotters

Keep in mind that relatively small perks (as long as they aren't condescending) can do wonders for staff morale and performance - often its as much the gesture as it is the actual value of the perk.

For instance in one of my previous jobs if all targets for a week were hit they'd buy in a round of cakes on a friday afternoon.

Which reminds me, just realised we got no bonuses this year :| hadn't even given it a thought for some reason. (EDIT: Its usually tracked against the share dividends - whether there is a bonus at all - which are healthy enough wonder if they are just hoping everyone has forgotten :S).

Last edited:
Soldato
Loads of perks but incentives to finish early are Timescales for jobs for eg a weeks work and if you finish early you still get the remainder off but if you go over for any reason its fine.

And best of all the boss gets the rounds in at the pub! Lol

Man of Honour
^^ Forgot about that one, for some work (when we aren't dealing with customers/clients) if we hit a certain level of work done we get to go home early for the day and still paid out whole shift (have to be there a minimum of 2 hours though).

Permabanned
Birthday Off.
Summer and Winter (Xmas) bonus.
Flexible working.
Professional Fee paid. Post Grad study support.
Health Insurance.
Life Insurance.
Six months sabbatical after 10, 15 and 25 years service.
Non Contributory Pension.
Also we have various access to sports and health facilities as well as various other incentives throughout the year. Goodwood FOS and so on.

Caporegime
:rolleyes:
Hi all,

Ive been tasked with writing an incentives paper for work.

so thought id ask you friendly bunch what incentives do you get from your employer? apart for payments for service ;)

cheers all,

rotters

The incentives to stay working are

Pension match to 5%
Sabatical ever year of 1 month at half pay
Free investment and financial services
Unemployment insurance
Health insurance
Life insurance
Legal insurance
Gym membership
Company bikes
Games room with pool, table tennis, wii U
Friday lunches
Unlimited snacks, drink and fresh fruit
Bi-weekly massages
Home Internet
mobile phone and data plan.
5% discount on cars with average MPG > 40
Performance related stock options and shares.
Monthly fun activity.
Large hardware budget
Free undergrad and graduate university courses including full degree.

Last edited:
Soldato
£3k shares in the company every year you work there plus dividends.

Every year you don't have a sick day, you get given an extra day holiday.

Commission so the more I sell the more I make.

Hit a certain target in the week, the person on the best earns £100 to buy what they want with.

Hit certain targets you go home early on Fridays.

Etc :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Lots of people seem to be getting incentives and perks confused

Think people are confusing benefits and incentives.

For me the benefits are the incentives. Not all companies or institutions offer the same level of benefits therefore they become incentives when it comes to offering your expertise, the institution I work for doesn't offer the same level of benefit to all employees either, some are offered bigger incentives depending upon their value to the institution, this is all above the Salary, Contributory Pension, Statutory Holiday and standard benefits everyone is entitled to as an employee, what I listed are what I get, they are not necessarily what my colleagues get.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see what you are getting at Castiel, but those are perks that come with the position? I guess the bi-annual bonus could fluctuate on performance? But the rest are pretty standard items in jobs these days.
An incentive I give to my employees are sometimes financial reward (which I don't overly like), but the more creative ones such as 'if we hit x in this quarter, I'll pay for you and the family to go to Mexico'.
Incentives can get very creative, but it's linked to performance, not doing the job so to speak.
Not all jobs have or need incentives though :)

Soldato
Incentives wise we have a bonus scheme which falls into two parts - profit based on the firm's overall profits and if you hit a certain performance rating you also qualify for a performance bonus.

Soldato
None. The new challenge is enough to keep me going for the time being.

At my last place we could order stuff through the company and pay ExVAT prices, the company would cover the VAT for us.

Permabanned
I see what you are getting at Castiel, but those are perks that come with the position? I guess the bi-annual bonus could fluctuate on performance? But the rest are pretty standard items in jobs these days.
An incentive I give to my employees are sometimes financial reward (which I don't overly like), but the more creative ones such as 'if we hit x in this quarter, I'll pay for you and the family to go to Mexico'.
Incentives can get very creative, but it's linked to performance, not doing the job so to speak.
Not all jobs have or need incentives though :)

All those listed are linked to both my individual value to the institution and my ability to negotiate them, they are in addition to my basic remuneration which is based solely on my graded position.

Back
Top Bottom