Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
GKP have finally been rising this week. Seems to be a combination of factors:

- The CEO getting booted sideways (he's controversial ...)
- Rumours of a takeover / buyout
- Very strong possibility of Kurds selling oil without Bagdhad interfering

I had this one wrong a while ago and got in at £1.40 (they're £1.09 at close today), so glad to see the paper loss coming down !

Soldato
GKP have finally been rising this week. Seems to be a combination of factors:

- The CEO getting booted sideways (he's controversial ...)
- Rumours of a takeover / buyout
- Very strong possibility of Kurds selling oil without Bagdhad interfering

I had this one wrong a while ago and got in at £1.40 (they're £1.09 at close today), so glad to see the paper loss coming down !

This is my first ever stock :) only bought a little on Monday at 87p. Good to see it at 110p within a week :D

Soldato
Thats some luck, its a good stock for swing trading. If only it were my only stock I'd have done better.
Thats not to say it cant go to zero still, I dont think it will but these are crazy circumstances going on. Unique in history even ?
https://twitter.com/HawraImame/status/480608411869261824
http://www.timesofisrael.com/egypt-coptic-church-cancels-sunday-mass-for-1st-time-in-1600-years/

Do you know the FT.com staff short sold GKP when it was 12p, wrote it up in a chat blog (might be around still) and they made a profit doing so.

I sold a bit of GKP last thing but I still own more so I was just allowing myself to buy if it falls back to 90 maybe

Thing is, if theres a takeover it should be doubling. Even if we ignore price, volume isnt massive (monthly vol looks better).
Often I second guess too much, so hopefully it continues; on a five year view 80p was last a good buy but didnt they also issue a lot more shares since the last election

July Stockchallenge is Monday, practise improves 'aim' :p
http://stockchallenge.co.uk/site/forms/subform.php

Last edited:
Soldato
ASOS rocking it. Should have gotten on Ocado after their drop yesterday as well, up 10% today. Aahhh, hindsight.

Does anyone know what's going on with Easyjet? Now at 1320 which is a far cry from 1720 a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont know why except usual things like oil price and consumer trends perhaps. [seems to be broker downgrades?]
Looked over charts I'll stick with what I saw before, seems no different
Buy 1300, sell 1700 I think would be good but the share is strong long term looks like
What was the most traded price today, did volume rise after USA open. 1300 could be a floor anyway, possibly

POG is suffering a debt overhang, much fears but gold doing better could be its saviour? Seems OTT
Royal Mail paid 13.3p a share today, Questor says its a buy and I guess it can keep paying out
TjwyPBV.png
I bought Herencia, silver is a possible 'breakout' hopefully no fakeout please :o

Sticking Rotork valves on watchlist, seems viable similar to Weir for usage in oil gas industry. Tipped by a fund, bit expensive at present, £23 would be nice
https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=Rotork+Rotork&ei=69S2U-Bdz67AA-31gJgK
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/ROR.L/key-developments/article/2789439

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope no one else was in BLNX today - down 50%!

My stop loss was as useful as a chocolate teapot and IG finally closed my position for a £375 loss. (Stop loss was set for a £100 loss) :eek: Ouch.

Currently licking my wounds and taking it as a hefty lesson learned. Now rethinking my strategy.

Soldato
I hope no one else was in BLNX today - down 50%!

My stop loss was as useful as a chocolate teapot and IG finally closed my position for a £375 loss. (Stop loss was set for a £100 loss) :eek: Ouch.

Currently licking my wounds and taking it as a hefty lesson learned. Now rethinking my strategy.

Same happened to me with easyjet the other day when they dropped 90 points. You need a guaranteed stop sometimes :(

Soldato
Guarantee isnt free though, they add to the spread. It does give something impossible in 'real' trading though.
I prefer hedging if at all possible or even better take profits so it cant lose more then gained. Is BLNX a big material change, doesnt sound as bad as a dry oil well just perceptions

POG is suffering a debt overhang, much fears but gold doing better could be its saviour? Seems OTT
Petropavlovsk is up over 20% today on 7x volume, nothing changed but company gives RNS to say nothing, everything reverses just like that. Its still clear till 60p in theory but I had order buy at bottom today so its just sold some now also, only way to profit is to continually trade seems like [see EZJ, 1300 was good buy after all but only for +90p now the jet is stalled:eek:]
7 July 2014

Statement regarding Share Price Movement

Petropavlovsk PLC (the "Company", "Petropavlovsk" or, together with its subsidiaries, the "Group") notes the recent weakness in the Company's share price and advises the Group is performing operationally in accordance with its strategic plan and budget and maintains its guidance for 2014 total production of 625,000oz of gold. Petropavlovsk's next scheduled market update will be its Trading Update on 22 July 2014 and its Half-Year Results on 28 August 2014. The 2014 Second Quarter Trading Update of IRC Limited will be released on Thursday, 17 July 2014 before the Hong Kong Exchange opens.

Last edited:
Associate
Missed out on HUR. I got stopped out a week or so ago on a dip and didn't open a new bet. Rats :(

Go pro a US listing I assume?

I sold out of HUR at 50 and then bought some back immediately as I think they're undervalued even at that price. I'd really like to buy some more down at 36ish if possible. If there's no news for a couple of weeks hopefully we'll see the share price slide down.

Soldato
How does the Taxman know how much to tax you on Capital gains? I'm doing so many separate trades I'm losing count myself.

There is a section of the self assessment tax form you need to fill out if you have a CGT liability. It is your responsibility to keep records.

I don't know, but would also assume the brokers will also tell them of any suspected CGT liability you might have.

Back
Top Bottom