Custom ISO maker?

AMG

AMG

Soldato
Hi guys

I don't know how to put this, but I would like to make custom ISOs for windows ( and linux)

Pretty much its so I don't have to spend 4 hours + on each machine to get all the updates, useful software etc install I can just do it once and ship all machines with that ISO of ethoir windows 7 ( or 8 or linux whatever) and they can then just name the machine and setup user accounts and stuff.

I have heard of one RT Se7en Lite noticed MS have a tool kit as well to do this. I dunno if I asked this right or not.

I m aware windows backup does this however its gotta be named the same..I want something that can be used over ALL win 7 machines for example.

Associate
If you use sysprep, that'll do what you want.

Install Windows, when it asks for a user name, press CTRL, SHIFT & F3. This will take you into audit mode. Install all of your updates and programs in here. When finished just use sysprep and put it into OOBE mode, ready for your customer / end user / whoever is using the machine.

Then just use something like Macrium or Acronis True Image to make an image of the machine.

Hope that makes sense.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
OP
Hi there thanks

Complicated? any CLI involved my spelling sucks :p

As for putting them on a DVD that yes, but I also aim to put them on a separate section of the HDD. As for getting the thing to boot from it..needs something else for that

Associate
sysprep is pretty straight forward and there are shed loads of "how to's" on the web.

to save you pulling your hair out later spend a lot of time on drivers and how to stage them on the image as going from machine to machine can be hell if you dont get this bit right.

Associate
No command line involved at all. You get it into Windows, install all of your apps as you would normally then use the sysprep application to put it back into OOBE mode. OOBE mode is as you would receive a computer from a manufacturer, it lets you input a user name and do the initial set up.

You wont be able to make a 'Windows DVD' with this though. You'll have to make an entire image of the hard drive and just clone it over to other PC's. However thats much faster than install from scratch each time.

As said above though, there are plenty of guides online so I'm sure you can google if you become stuck.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
OP
Hi there

Thanks for your time.

Yeah that is the point, not only to make myself appear more professional but also to bring my own systems back online as fast as possible with very little software needed to reinstall everytime.

I tend to refresh an install each year.

Final question, how would one go about getting the system to boot from an image on the HDD? Putting on a DVD/Bluray is easy enough. What sort of recover program would do it ?

Back
Top Bottom