• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
If Apple introduced the 32GB as the base model, the price would be that of the existing 16GB. They don't typically raise prices when bumping the line.

I think that's what people are saying... 32GB is more spacious and would be an excellent entry product.

If that is the case then great :) but dropping 16Gb in favor of 32GB at a higher cost is just wrong

rpg

rpg

Associate
I'll never buy a 16GB iOS device again to be honest. Excluding music - apps, app data, iOS system software and photo sizes are increasing (due to camera quality improving). TomTom Europe is 2GB alone on my iPhone. I guess it does depend on what apps you install, but it certainly wouldn't bother me if the entry level capacity was changed to 32GB.

Soldato
Depending on the prices - probably no change to the current - i'll be trying not to fork out the extra for a 32GB iPhone, but i've almost filled my 32GB iPad. Content juggling to be done! :)

Soldato
Depending on the prices - probably no change to the current - i'll be trying not to fork out the extra for a 32GB iPhone, but i've almost filled my 32GB iPad. Content juggling to be done! :)

Content juggling is just annoying, moreover for the iPad I would really love an SD card, the price of a 128gb iPad is ludicrous, I could almost buy a 1tb SSD + 16GB iPad for that price.

Associate
32gb is a need for me now, I can only fit a small percentage of the music I want to on my phone and almost every iOS update requires me to free up space before it will install.

Really want a better battery also in terms of age of product, my wifes 4s battery declined very quickly around the 1.5 years mark, it was only lasting 1/2 day. My 5 is getting that way as well, before I could get 1.5 days and now I struggle to make 1 day, typically the phone turns off when I get somewhere between 5%-19% battery.

Soldato
My old iPhone 4 battery doesn't seem too bad considering it's now over three years old. It'll last almost a week without a cellular data connection or WiFi turned on. Charge from about ~15% every time, but it'll take at least three hours to get to full.

Soldato
^ lol

This article seems positive about the new batteries, while at the same time saying they're going to be a third thinner than the current ones.

I think the author has low expectations if they only want battery life that is similar to the current gen
http://bgr.com/2014/07/17/iphone-6-rumors-battery-capacity/

bgr are pretty much the sun of tech news.

And the video KIA posted just shows that Glass > Knife, you can't scratch a glass panel with a knife, let alone something that is sapphire coated, given sapphire is one of the strongest materials period. The only real thing that MKBDH video shows is that it can bend, not really proving anything useful there.

Sapphire

Because of the remarkable hardness of sapphires—9 on the Mohs scale

Knife

a pocketknife, 5.1;

Gorilla Glass

On the Mohs scale of hardness, Gorilla Glass scores a 6.8

So as you can see it is literally impossible for a knife to scratch either material, so we can't really tell if it is sapphire, it could just be bendy glass, or anything else.

Soldato

Finally a real test that actual uses something harder then gorilla glass. Sand paper could scratch the "Sapphire" display so its not a huge step up, compared to the home button.

Last edited:
Soldato
16GB is still a perfectly viable storage size for the iPhone. If you don't use it for music or video then it's fine. I have loads of apps on my 16GB 4S with space to spare.

Soldato
16GB is still a perfectly viable storage size for the iPhone. If you don't use it for music or video then it's fine. I have loads of apps on my 16GB 4S with space to spare.

But for a lot of people their phones are also media devices, and also photos take up a lot of space too. I think 16GB is starting to be a tad too small, with 1080p video, 8mp photos, music, video, apps it gets very limited very quickly.

I have a lot of friends that have to micro manage their phones, don't save photos from whatsapp, constantly delete their iMessage media cause 16GB is not enough, and they have already depleted their 5gb of iCloud.

Back
Top Bottom