What is HumbleBundle

Soldato
You pay what you like but have to pay at least $1 (60p~) to get Steam keys and you receive the basic set of games they offer from the bundle. If you pay over the average amount (which is an average based on what everyone has paid, currently $7.99 or £4.67~) then you receive bonus games. If you pay over the pre-set $20 amount you receive the highest tier games.

You can split what you pay between the developer, charity and Humble themselves, such as you can give it all to charity if you wish, or all to the developers, or a third each etc. When you buy the bundle you will need to link your Steam account to your Humble account so you can register the games to yourself. You can also create gifts from the games you have purchased and give them away to friends.

Last edited:
Associate
I've never actually purchased and of the Humble Bundles, but that's mainly because I have a load of Steam games in my library that I've not even started. I always keep an eye on them though and I have to admit there are some cracking deals to be had :)

Soldato
I've never actually purchased and of the Humble Bundles, but that's mainly because I have a load of Steam games in my library that I've not even started. I always keep an eye on them though and I have to admit there are some cracking deals to be had :)

Don't be the **** who pays a $1 and claims that he 'beat the system'. If everyone thought like that then they will stop doing it as it will not be worth it.

Associate
I have bought a few bundles and even if it's just one or two games you like it's for charity, I usually split the money evenly.

Soldato
It started out as a "pay what you want for this bundle of indie games" and worked as a method of advertisement as well as passing money to the developers more directly as well as some money to charity, basically you can chose where the money goes on purchase.

These days however I've found the majority of the titles are just old AAA titles that everyone already owns and you have to pay certain amounts to get anything half decent, seems more like an advertising platform for their online store at this point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom