Where are all the Logitech mice?

Associate
I've tried a few logitech products and the build quality has been poor. I paid something like £70 for a G13 game board which had 2 microswitches die and as for their mice... I have seen better quality plastics in a box of black magic.

Soldato
Indeed. I still have a few in use. Even one from a combo set from 2005. Navy blue 3100 set. Had to re-solder a new battery.

I had that set too! The scroll wheel went faulty after a few years so Logitech replaced the entire thing with an MX5500 set. Still using the MX Revolution mouse but I've replaced the keyboard with a K750.

V F

V F

Soldato
I had that set too! The scroll wheel went faulty after a few years so Logitech replaced the entire thing with an MX5500 set. Still using the MX Revolution mouse but I've replaced the keyboard with a K750.

A fine keyboard as well. I love the calculator sounding keys.

Soldato
Funny. My main criticism of Logitech is re-releasing old products or not changing designs. I hate the MX518 and all Logitech mice used the same shape. A pit, Razer are also falling into, how many Naga's have their been.

Mice seems to be a very stagnant area atm for PC's. Since BF3 released and a foot on my Lachesis fell off and was scratching my mat I decided on a new mouse. I went through 2 ROCCAT Kone+, both developed the mouse wheel issue. then I went with the Corsair M90 which was nice and solid but the side buttons are terrible. So getting another new mouse I was down to 2 choices, SteelSeries Sensei or Logitech G600, I went with the Logitech.

Rj's/OcUK's honesty, awesome, much respect. And I agree that it's Logitech's loss.

Associate
Interesting. I'm amazed at one brand new spare MX Revolution I have thats also been checked, over 2 years later (the last charge) the mouse is only down to two bars.

I check it every month to see.

Huh, I'll maybe replace the rechargeable AA that comes with it and see if that helps. Two years and still going is crazy though. I don't mind plugging it in but would be nice if it lasted a bit longer.

Associate
It's a shame OcUk and Logitech couldn't come to an agreement, their customer service has always been absolutely flawless for me.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I know Logitech have great customer support but it appears not quite so for their partners.

I understand why Ocuk decided to stop dealing with Logitech, for the time being. Also we do not see many retailers being honest about their standings with their suppliers etc.

As for this re-brand, I find quite a lot of Logitech gear now overpriced if I m going to be honest, for what you get. But a lot of you may disagree with me, that is fair enough.

V F

V F

Soldato
Funny. My main criticism of Logitech is re-releasing old products or not changing designs. I hate the MX518 and all Logitech mice used the same shape. A pit, Razer are also falling into, how many Naga's have their been.

Mice seems to be a very stagnant area atm for PC's. Since BF3 released and a foot on my Lachesis fell off and was scratching my mat I decided on a new mouse. I went through 2 ROCCAT Kone+, both developed the mouse wheel issue. then I went with the Corsair M90 which was nice and solid but the side buttons are terrible. So getting another new mouse I was down to 2 choices, SteelSeries Sensei or Logitech G600, I went with the Logitech.

Rj's/OcUK's honesty, awesome, much respect. And I agree that it's Logitech's loss.

How many ways is there to design a mouse? I still have my Razer Copperhead from 2005 that still does well for gaming.

Associate
Got an old Razer Copperhead now at work on a PC in the office, yet I know guys who claim to have killed 3 of them before they phased them out. But to esoteric, you know Razer mice usually come with some spare feet in the box somewhere?

Also, I have 3 Logitech products. A joystick I bought to play BF2 a number of years ago, still use it for flying games now. These days they might make it easier to aim with a mouse in a lot of games, but using a joystick is just so much more fun!

Also have a G25 wheel, doesn't get used as much as it should but it was second-hand so a bargain and is very popular at parties.

And my desktop mic... also had quite some time, which I think needs replacing as people in TS lately have been complaining I sound like a mouse.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
But to esoteric, you know Razer mice usually come with some spare feet in the box somewhere?

You can purchase strips and make your own. As I've done mine over the years.

Also have a G25 wheel, doesn't get used as much as it should but it was second-hand so a bargain and is very popular at parties.

Another class sturdy product. Though, I've found I've had to clean the potentiometers over the years.

Associate
I just seen this thread, after killing my G5 last week by snapping the cable (bad story). Its good to understand the situation why I cannot get a replacement here.
It is sad as I liked their products.

Caporegime
Have to say I'm pretty keen on Logitech

I haven't consciously done this but just thinking of what I own

G15 keyboard
G700 mouse
Di novo mini keyboard
Harmony 1100 remote
Had an mx air but dog chewed it

I actually need to see about getting a replacement cable for charging my G700
Wonder how I will get on
The G700 was a free replacement for an mx air that broke out of warranty. Amazing

Shame Ocuk and Logitech have this problem.

Soldato
Interesting stuff!

I'm still rocking an Mx518 too, I love it. I can't find anything that looks good enough to replace it. Everything looks so tacky, or you end up paying silly money for a mouse.

Soldato
As title. My MX518 is getting a little long in the tooth so need a replacement, and given the customer service I received from then I would like to get another Logitech mouse but there are only 3 available? I remember them being a ridiculous number of options before, has something happened, and are there likely to be more coming back to the store in the future?

Exact same boat. My 518 failed last night :( Need a new one. What did you go for in the end?

Associate
Interesting and honest insight rjkoneill and very professionally dealt with. UK may be a small market in Europe/ROI but we are world leaders in business knowhow and wow does it show.

I just seen this thread, after killing my G5 last week by snapping the cable (bad story). Its good to understand the situation why I cannot get a replacement here.
It is sad as I liked their products.

First had the MX518 and was brilliant but needed higher dpi than 1600 and high polling rate. Then had the G5 laser too and my cable was fraying and bending badly after years of heavy but careful-ish use. Had my RAT5 for nearly 2 years and is as good as new and the reason I swapped from Logitech (maybe they would have been better off if Microsoft bought them in 2008). Actually still have a fully working G15 keyboard and a collectors item too - somehow that cable didn't wear at all :confused: Relegated the G17 that you needed to plug in and a mess of cables for way better mechanical as a couple of key springy things didn't work due to plastic grips failing.

Never dealt with Logitech customer service but good to see some here that had RMA requests granted and resolved without issues but there are indeed better gaming options now.

Associate
Very interesting read and I guess Logitech fans will have to go elsewhere. I do like the honest explanation, it what is unique about OCUK.

Personally I've had Logitech, MS, Razer and Roccat mice now and I regarded the Logitech as the weakest of all - drivers and hardware. It was OK and reasonably nice form factor but nowhere near the original MS Optical Mouse or Razer Deathadder. Even this year old Kone XTD is a better mouse. I know that's probably not a popular opinion but just how I found them to be.

Soldato
Logitech is no more at overclockers for many reasons but mainly as they are not a good seller they make no effort to support us or our customers.

Thats sad to hear, they used to be good. I emailed them through support website about 5 years after I bought a mouse (an expensive one but still) and they went ahead and sent me out some new mousepads to help np

I heard g400 is good but maybe just as well I didnt get one

Back
Top Bottom