Xbox one or PS4 controller?

Soldato
My 360 pad has completely stopped working after being intermittent for the last few months.

I know the Xbox one recently released official PC drivers, are there also PS4 PC drivers?

Controller would mainly be for platformers / 3rd person shooters. Which controller of the two are most happy with?

FPS games etc I am happy to use mouse/keyboard.

Soldato
I've got a wireless xbox 360 controller, wired 360 controller and the xbox one controllers all next to me. Having used them all on the PC, the xbox one controller is by far the comfiest for long durations of gameplay. Doesn't feel like a quality product though due to very cheap plastic (especially compared to the wired 360 pad, which feels far more solid), but ergonomically, its an easy choice.

XB1 pad is supported by windows as well with a driver download from major nelsons website (it'll come in a later update as part of windows). No idea if the PS4 pad can be used on a PC though.

Associate
My 360 pad has completely stopped working after being intermittent for the last few months.

I know the Xbox one recently released official PC drivers, are there also PS4 PC drivers?

Controller would mainly be for platformers / 3rd person shooters. Which controller of the two are most happy with?

FPS games etc I am happy to use mouse/keyboard.

My xbox 360 controller broke last week and was considering the new controller. In the end, I've stuck with the Xbox 360 controller because it's way cheaper and I'm just used to it. Why do you want to upgrade?

Personally, I stay away from PS controllers as you have to use third party software like Motioninjoy (which is effectively a trojan). The great thing about sticking with xbox controllers is it hassle free compatibility.

Associate
Used both PS4 and Xbox One controllers at a friends for a few hours, PS4 controller feels comfier and more "natrual" than the Xbox One. I still prefer the 360 controller than both of them by a long shot.

Soldato
Wireless 360 pad, adapter and a set of rechargeable batteries can be had for less than the Xbox One controller alone. Much better option, plug and play and no nasty wires.

I haz 4090!
Don
Went for the Xbox one controller, seems pretty comfy so far. Word of warning though, you need to purchase a micro usb > usb cable separately.

There's really no correct answer to your question anyway, it's all down to which you prefer. You should have ordered both and kept the one you liked. I've got both and they both have their good ad bad points. Love the thumb sticks on the One pad, hate the shoulder buttons. The main draw for the PS4 pad for me was you can use it wirelessly, and the touch pad can be used as a mouse, for those sofa gaming sessions.

Caporegime
Xbox 360 controller is a masterpiece tbh

Ps3 controller is horrible for me

My main problem is the analogue sticks on ps3 and the ps4 isn't enough of a change
The ps3 convex sticks.. Well its the main reason I never had a Playstation of my own

I would play ssx3 on both and the difference in scores etc.. Crazy.. Just due to the controller

What I have
A3I5Rbv.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Where are people getting the 360 wireless USB adapters from? They seem to be like gold dust.

(Also - the best controllers are the new 360 ones in chrome trim with the rotating D-pad. The thumbsticks are a joy but the D-pad still is a bit clunky.)

Soldato
Where are people getting the 360 wireless USB adapters from? They seem to be like gold dust.

(Also - the best controllers are the new 360 ones in chrome trim with the rotating D-pad. The thumbsticks are a joy but the D-pad still is a bit clunky.)

The rainforest, comes with the controller you can't go wrong for £29.

Back
Top Bottom