Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Stormster had a mint EP3 before no? Everyone likes EP3's on here no?

Car purchases are moot.

Sometimes I don't understand why people on here bash others for their purchases. If the owner is happy, then why would they care what others think?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26621736 said:
How else we are supposed to find out why people fit bright yellow tow straps to cars if we are not allowed to ask? :(

The thing is, we all know fitting bright tow straps to a normal derv is stupid. Yet we ask in a trollish manner as we know there is no valid reason the owner can come up with. It's a stupid scene thing.

I can agree with when someone asks advice and then goes to purchase something the total opposite, only to get flamed upon said purchase. Yet, when someone posts their pride and joy, it's just a little belittling. No matter what the car.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26622178 said:
There has been absolutely no snobbery, thats the thing. Nobody dislikes it because it's a Bora. There is nothing wrong with the Bora as a car.

No but you still hate it because its been modified, to something you don't like or see beneath you, i.e. chavvy so you have to put the person and the car down. There is an element of snobbery in there, otherwise you wouldn't give a two hoots and start interrogating a person in such a condescending way.

Soldato
1965589_770119336342247_4141423996218274696_o.jpg

Picked it up yesterday, really happy with it & will get some of my own pics done soon :)

Mods?: Soon™

Man of Honour
No but you still hate it because its been modified, to something you don't like or see beneath you, i.e. chavvy so you have to put the person and the car down. There is an element of snobbery in there, otherwise you wouldn't give a two hoots and start interrogating a person in such a condescending way.

I didn't call it 'chavvy'. The harshest thing I said was 'Do you think all those random stickers look really good?', which whilst a leading question is hardly abusive.

I only made two posts about it infact - one asking that and the other asking about the towing strap. I didn't actually say that I 'hated' the car. Not sure why you are trying to pretend I did?

The owner continues to post and seems fairly un-bothered by any of this, infact he's enjoying the fact his car has caused a bit of stir. Yet still the 'get offended on behalf of everyone else' squad persist in trying to make this into some sort of horrible scandal or something. It's quite bizarre.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do have to agree with Fox that it's simply other people getting offended on someone elses behalf, we're all adults here and if someone causes offence I'm sure he would've said so himself!

Motors has always been an honest environment where people don't pull any punches with their opinions, it's why I like it so much :D

Back
Top Bottom