Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
Am I a cool dude? Yay or nay?

Here is my Civic....errr...mk4 or something. Bought it back in 2007 brand spanker...was a brilliant car. sold it after 3 years...it's now gracing someone in bradford....GG WP.

P.s absolutely everything was standard in this car. Nothing modified.

Oh..yeah I painted the wheels black...because I loved nightrider when I was a kid....and batman....

I now drive an E class merc because I am a boring *** Fully star your swear words! *** - Will Gill and use my car for work.....

Life changes when you hit 30 peeps...just remember that....

1935671_126494553084_3018856_n.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
rjkoneill ye ep3s are getting riced out mostly in UK as they are DEAD CHEAP over here. Just had a look how EP3 stands on polish autotrader and cheapest i found is 4500 pounds. That is what keeps boy ricerz away from them. In Uk when i drive at work i see them everywhere. I dont think any country in europe had so many on the road. Give it few years and FN2s will end up in same way.
Meantime i got rest of bits for my overhaul job next month like 700 pounds in stuff that goes on with rest of the job. With my low paid job thats 3 months savings just on that heh.

Last edited:
Associate
Wouldn't you get a little bit more money if you did that? It's just it looks like it was owned by a VTEC Bruv type, so you may end up attracting those types.

I would but it's time and effort and I've already sold the car in the last half an hour and made good money on it so it's the new owners problem now. :D

Tim those wheel nuts look perfect, might order a set for my FN2 aswell as mine are all faded and rusty:)

EDIT: It actually sold to a Barry Vtec Bruv aswell.

Last edited:
Associate
I GOT WARNED FOR SWEARING!! Now I am scared....to write anything.... *****************************

Thanks for the feedback Rish - My car was well nice...but it had a hell of a beating in it's 3 years with me....a bit like the England football team...

Associate
It seems my "mint" fresh import DC5 wasn't as mint as I was led to believe - spent a packet on it so far. :( Can finally start enjoying it and getting on top of the paintwork now though.

I'll just leave these here. :cool:

14661511681_776de35541_c.jpg

14684621333_e24550aa22_c.jpg

14661507591_cb18efb55c_c.jpg

Associate
Leeum
Lovely car mate, not often I see them in black, but it looks really nice. What was the matter with it mate, it looks an absolute cracker judging by those photo's :D

Associate
what wasnt mint about it?

was it from an importer?

Off the top of my head:
- Finger tight rear wheel nuts - only noticed when they started to go missing.
- Importer fitted new track rod ends without correcting the toe - merely moved the steering wheel a few splines to "compensate".
- Dead rear shock.
- Big chunk missing from the top of the steering wheel.
- Rear tyres bald on the inside edges.
- Badly worn clutch.
- Rear bumper sprung out at one side shortly after I picked the car, basically revealing a huge crack under the rear light that's had a shoddy repair using what looks like staples?! Importer basically fobbed me off saying someone had driven into the car since I collected it. I think not. :rolleyes:

Even if they'd offered to rectify the faults, I'm not sure I would've felt comfortable leaving the car with them again. On a few occasions, a friend of mine has spotted their cars being hammered round the industrial estate where they get their MOTs done. He left a comment on their Facebook once that mysteriously disappeared a few minutes later.

I'd only ever import via JM imports

I would urge you to go elsewhere. :) I paid nigh on £8k for the car, so certainly wasn't a bargain, and that's before you consider what I've had to rectify at my cost.

Soldato
Off the top of my head:
- Finger tight rear wheel nuts - only noticed when they started to go missing.
- Importer fitted new track rod ends without correcting the toe - merely moved the steering wheel a few splines to "compensate".
- Dead rear shock.
- Big chunk missing from the top of the steering wheel.
- Rear tyres bald on the inside edges.
- Badly worn clutch.
- Rear bumper sprung out at one side shortly after I picked the car, basically revealing a huge crack under the rear light that's had a shoddy repair using what looks like staples?! Importer basically fobbed me off saying someone had driven into the car since I collected it. I think not. :rolleyes:

Even if they'd offered to rectify the faults, I'm not sure I would've felt comfortable leaving the car with them again. On a few occasions, a friend of mine has spotted their cars being hammered round the industrial estate where they get their MOTs done. He left a comment on their Facebook once that mysteriously disappeared a few minutes later.

I would urge you to go elsewhere. :) I paid nigh on £8k for the car, so certainly wasn't a bargain, and that's before you consider what I've had to rectify at my cost.

Christ, that is disappointing. Even more so if it's from them :(

Associate
Christ, that is disappointing. Even more so if it's from them :(

Yup, very disappointing when they seem to have such a good reputation. A friend of mine got an S15 through them a few years ago and had no issues at all. I had a lot going on in my life when the issues became apparent and I'm kicking myself now for not pushing it further/ involving trading standards.

I've eventually managed to source a replacement rear bumper, so hoping to get that sprayed and fitted shortly. :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
so it was from JM then. pretty bad tbh. I would have made them rectify it for sure.

did you not inspect it and test drive the car before parting with your cash?

Soldato
so it was from JM then. pretty bad tbh. I would have made them rectify it for sure.

did you not inspect it and test drive the car before parting with your cash?

most import it on your behalf and take a big chunk of deposit.

So to reject the car you would probably lose a big amount of cash. The risk of importing a car from another country combined with poor service really.

Back
Top Bottom