*Transfer Window 2014/15 Season Rumours/Signings *AKA Man U fans listing every player under the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Interesting article on how Khedira would fit into a Chelsea or Arsenal squad. The author thinks he would be better suited to Cheslea, and that Arsenal should chase a more defensive-minded midfielder.

I wouldn't mind seeing Khedira at Chelsea, though the quoted £200k per week seems excessive. I think Jose will sign a box to box midfielder before the end of the window, and this will be the last big signing of the year. Pogba would be the ideal purchase, but prising him from Juve will be difficult (especially if Man U get Vidal), but Khedira is a good alternative. I think Fabregas will be played in a more advanced role, and Oscar will play a few games out wide.

It's basically exactly what I was saying. He was poor at times in the world cup, particularly in Germany's worst games. Likewise he likes running into the box, he's not particularly defensive. They spent 30-40mil in Mendi as Alonso's replacement, not happy with Khedira.

He's an okay player but like Kroos, his actual quality is being overlooked for the quality of the team around him. Because there are excellent players around him, meaning there is more space for him, created by others, and more chances to score because there are better players around him, he can look good.

He's better than Ramires, but with the current line up I'd be looking to get rid of Ramires anyway, he's poop in general.

The only thing I disagree with in that article is this insistence that more tackles = better. Mascherano and Song make loads of tackles, but as you could see any game in Song's career, he's tackling because a player has gone by and has no choice but to try the tackle, or the classic, the player has his back to Song and he just kicks at the ball, often giving away a freekick in a dangerous area when there is absolutely no need to do so and no real danger. Look at Arteta, dribbled around more than anyone else and attempts more tackles than anyone else, it's not a coincidence. Song/Arteta often get caught flat footed, square on, someone runs to one side all too easily and they attempt a last resort tackle. They so often give away stupid freekicks or simply take themselves out of the play with no chance to get back and track that late runner into the box or help the defence.

Mascherano in the final made loads of tackles and deserved a red, because he was constantly run by and his back up plan is last ditch tackle usually from the side/behind, making some, fouling with lots of them.

The best defensive midfielders, and in general CB's and fullbacks, stay on their feet, preventing those defence splitting passes either through interceptions or simply being in the way so the player doesn't attempt the pass.

More tackling doesn't equate to a better defensive midfielder, a great DM may tackle loads, or barely at all, it's not a requirement of the job nor a good sign. Most of the most consistent fouling and bypassed DM's attempt to tackle the most. Some of the best tackle the least. Generally speaking the best DM's have brilliant reading of the game and don't get caught out and need to commit themselves constantly.

Khedira is for Arsenal, closer to Ramsey than to Gilberto... and we have a billion attacking central mids. A proper defensive midfielder would work better for Arsenal, and overpaying(in wages more than anything else) one of the weaker players form a top team is just bad business. WE need a Gilberto type and if we pay £30-40mil and 200k a week for a player we need, fine. But close to 200k a week on Khedira, a player who we don't particularly need... is just daft.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vidal was promoting fifa 15 and played against a kid that gave him a hint :p

EOVchdp.jpg
Bsyo31kIgAArf_x.jpg

Caporegime
On the bright side DM, Diaby is back training at least... :p

That's a bit early for him though... if he was back in training a week before the season started he might get a real prem league game. But back now... I give it two friendlies before he's out again to miss the entire season.

How he gets paid I don't know, I know why he bothers because he gets paid to pretend to be a football but how Wenger never worked out he would contribute absolutely nothing to Arsenal except a wage drain and injuries.... I honestly don't know. How can a manager be so blind, he was incredibly average anyway.

It's like the reverse of the Utd '92 group, the Arsenal what '05, Song, Denilson, Diaby, Djourou. All crap, somehow loved by Wenger and only Diaby remains because he's been too unfit to actually show how useless he is.

Caporegime
That's a bit early for him though... if he was back in training a week before the season started he might get a real prem league game. But back now... I give it two friendlies before he's out again to miss the entire season.

How he gets paid I don't know, I know why he bothers because he gets paid to pretend to be a football but how Wenger never worked out he would contribute absolutely nothing to Arsenal except a wage drain and injuries.... I honestly don't know. How can a manager be so blind, he was incredibly average anyway.

It's like the reverse of the Utd '92 group, the Arsenal what '05, Song, Denilson, Diaby, Djourou. All crap, somehow loved by Wenger and only Diaby remains because he's been too unfit to actually show how useless he is.

I sadly remember Jamie Redknapp referring to Diaby as a mini Yaya Toure. Must've been talking about wages.

Permabanned
lol Reus or Cavani to Merseyside sure lads and pigs will fly. A realistic target and player who fits the style of football is Shaqiri like i said before the WC started i always liked Muniain,Herrera and Shaqiri and had my eye on them around 2011/12. Muniain is the last one to make the stepup up to one of the worlds biggest clubs then with the other two now at United and Bayern but im confident he will.

Even someone like Oliver Torres would be an amazing buy. Cheap, Bags of potential and plays tippy tappy heck any of the above would be a great buy for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom