Big Case for Multiple Reasons

Soldato
Hey everyone,

It's summer, it's warm, and my huge hands hate fiddling around inside an Antec 300. For a budget of up to or around £100, what is the most advisable large case capable of fitting an ATX motherboard, an R290, an Alpenfohn K2 Mount Doom and a few HDDs/SSDs with the least effort possible?

The aesthetic I'm looking for is for it to preferably be minimalistic, preferably dark in colour and windowless. I've been looking at the Antec P280 to fill this gap but I'm not sure about going back to Antec. The other alternatives I've looked at are...

Thermaltake Urban S71
Anidees AI-6B

I've also seen Fractal Design's R4 priced at competitors.

What do the denizens of OcUK advise? Thanks in advance.

Soldato
If you could stretch to 125 pounds, the 750d from corsair is definitely the best choice, I got one a few days ago and it is the best thing I have ever bought, tons more space than my old Akasa eclipse, and it looks fantastic. It's the easiest case I have ever worked with. :) check out some youtube reviews of it. Once I watched them I had to buy one, and for 125 pounds it's the best thing iv ever bought, you get tons of case and practical ideas for that price :) though it does have a window though you said preferably windowless.

Soldato
OP
The 750D does look good, and I would consider it if it was windowless or there were a windowless side panel in works. Perhaps I could "get used to" the window. Not a fan of the look of the Phanteks personally, though.

Associate
If it's anything like how they did the side panels for the 350D, you can put them on either side so you'd just need to pickup an additional back panel.

Although that extra expense it's really helping your budget.

Soldato
Soldato
What's wrong with a good window? :D
You can pick up replacement blank panels for the 750D. The Fractal cases are very good also, you could be better off with one of those.

Associate
Have you considered going 2nd hand, as I'm sure there'll be some cracking bargains in the MM. I'm running a Cooler Master Haf X, which I got from an auction site, for about 1/2 price.

Soldato
lian li pc- a10 black............ I got mine for 80 quid, it looks fantastic,
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-lian-li-pc-a10-aluminum-casing

you can gut the interior quite easily, it's pure quality... very large too

it's quite old but looks bang up to date, the front door is made of two layers of Aluminium sandwiched together totalling about 2mm thick, so it's pretty strong

but, you cant remove the roof panel, it's riveted to the end panels

mine has twin 140 mm Corsair intakes/soundproofed.... all cages removed, i should up-load pictures i suppose

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom