Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
I've heard the best induction kit to buy is the Tegiwa. Apparently there is another which is the same but it is more expensive.

Where is the best place to buy one? I've seen it here: http://tegiwaeuro.co.uk/tegiwa-civic-type-r-ep3-carbon-fibre-intake-airbox-kit-521/

But wondered if there was a cheaper supplier?

Have you tried looking for one 2nd hand on the likes of Civinfo? I guess it depends how quickly you want one, but there's always some good quality parts up for sale on there ;)

Soldato
I didn't mean any harm by it guys :p Although I thought I read his car did have a dodgy decat and ropey induction kit chucked on, what else? :D I'm only messing and I never scrimped with my EP3 in my mind either, I don't think I'd ever find one as nice without spending about 8 grand! Shame I had to sell.

I'll always like what I like, to me the exhaust helped to benefit the car and I didn't pay for it any way, the last guy did, it was the only mod.

Associate
This is really worrying to read, I've got a dc5 somewhere in the middle of the bengal sea via JM Imports at the moment, not good to read at all. Leeum, was it Andy you did all your dealings with or Jurgen?

Another DC5 in Newcastle?! They'll be as common as EP3s round here soon. :p

Jurgen was the one I was dealing with. My advice would be to go over it with a fine tooth comb before you settle the balance and drive it away. Don't be fobbed off like I was if they've cut corners like not having the tracking done after changing track rod ends etc.

Associate
Another DC5 in Newcastle?! They'll be as common as EP3s round here soon. :p

Jurgen was the one I was dealing with. My advice would be to go over it with a fine tooth comb before you settle the balance and drive it away. Don't be fobbed off like I was if they've cut corners like not having the tracking done after changing track rod ends etc.

You in Newcastle mate, I'm just outside Durham and work in Sunderland. I own a red FN2 :)

Soldato
I didn't mean any harm by it guys :p Although I thought I read his car did have a dodgy decat and ropey induction kit chucked on, what else? :D I'm only messing and I never scrimped with my EP3 in my mind either, I don't think I'd ever find one as nice without spending about 8 grand! Shame I had to sell.

I'll always like what I like, to me the exhaust helped to benefit the car and I didn't pay for it any way, the last guy did, it was the only mod.

Are you still butthurt that I don't like your Vauxhall Astra? haha.

dodgy decat and ropey induction kit? Neither were mods to my taste but there was nothing wrong with them. Certainly no evidence of skimping on the previous owners part. Standard airbox and Berk highflow cat were fitted within a few weeks of me owning it.

Alloys are also powder coated to a high standard. Problem is, the colour is horrific:p They're booked in for 7th aug.

Soldato
Hard tops go from £400 upwards roughly. You also need the fitting kit which is the same again! You can get a cheaper non Honda version of the fitting kit for around £100 I think, but don't know much about them.

Associate
Soldato
I thought the same Rybo, but not having the roof down in summer is criminal.

You can do it youself if you take it slow and careful. since the hardtop itself is quite light. I do mine myself most of the time!

Sounds like I need to visit the gym. I nearly broke my back when I tried lifting it over the back of the car.

edit: are you sure yours is OEM? it's widely known as a two man job, but mainly for the awkwardness of it rather than the weight. I love this guys hoist:D http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/931...-take-off-top/page__p__21446914#entry21446914

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
£1.2k for a hardtop.
Dreamland.

I made having a hardtop a thing as I love the way they look, and I thought I would keep it on most of the time.

I was wrong.

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like I need to visit the gym. I nearly broke my back when I tried lifting it over the back of the car.

No its OEM alright but like you said its awkward more than anything else.

But like said above the idea of the hardtop is really better than the reality. I had to have one with hardtop, If I was to buy again I really wouldn't care.

Back
Top Bottom