** OSX Yosemite **

fez

fez

Caporegime
It does seem better than the other DPs but that is entirely expected I guess. I haven't had too many issues with previous versions but this one does feel better. Nothing has broken yet at any rate!

Soldato
Probably common sense but do check that your applications are compatible before upgrading. Allegedly, VMware Fusion doesn't work with Yosemite (unsupported OS message or something). No clue of a fix, but it'll certainly make me hold off for a week as a result.

Soldato
Probably common sense but do check that your applications are compatible before upgrading. Allegedly, VMware Fusion doesn't work with Yosemite (unsupported OS message or something). No clue of a fix, but it'll certainly make me hold off for a week as a result.

This, plus I would recommend just making a small partition maybe 20-30gb and testing everything there before you switch your main machine.

Soldato
I'll be installing into a separate partition.

Surprisingly the only problem I had with Mavericks was an obscure sound bug on XBMC. Leopard and Lion broke all sorts of Applications for the beta testers/early adopters.

Soldato
That sounds good, I have DP4 on my partition but I havn't tested everything just yet, need to mostly check the Virtualbox + vagrant work for work and the rest should be alright.

Associate
VMWare Fusion 6.0.4 and the latest tech preview work on Yosemite. The majority of users I've seen on various forums seem to be having no probs at all although I seem to be getting a unique problem on 6.0.4. Going to try it tomorrow on a fresh install and if it works ok, its plenty stable enough for me to use full time.

Soldato
VMWare Fusion 6.0.4 and the latest tech preview work on Yosemite. The majority of users I've seen on various forums seem to be having no probs at all although I seem to be getting a unique problem on 6.0.4. Going to try it tomorrow on a fresh install and if it works ok, its plenty stable enough for me to use full time.

Ah, I was reading stuff on 6.0.3 then. Thanks!

Soldato
Just logged in to the Yosemite Beta Page: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

You can get your codes now. Download is 5.07GB.

EDIT: Anyone also notice, this rather special MacBook Air?
Screen%20Shot%202014-07-24%20at%2017.30.42.png

EDIT 2: All installed now. Must say, UI is much more responsive, and surprisingly all of my add-on applications work fine. Only thing that doesn't work (as expected) is Server.app.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spotted a couple of bugs and oddities, for example the "poof" when you take things out of the Finder Sidebar is still from previous OS X versions, whereas the Dock uses the new animation. Safari's new URL/search bar occasionally goes crazy when you click on it, but nothing serious so far. Some things to my eye also seem a bit out of line (as in, literally misaligned or oddly positioned), hopefully that'll iron out too.

Really like the changes so far. Notification Center in particular.

Last edited:

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I'm in a quandry as I would like to try the beta but I fear for compatibility of some things like BetterSnapTool which I rely on to day to day.

Soldato
I'm in a quandry as I would like to try the beta but I fear for compatibility of some things like BetterSnapTool which I rely on to day to day.

http://blog.boastr.net/bettersnaptool-beta-for-yosemite/

BetterSnapTool did have some problems from what the previous posts on their blog, but that post and the previous offer beta links for it. Might be worth it but to be honest the biggest gains are to be made with the official release of both Yosemite and iOS 8, not really each on their own. Wouldn't say you're losing out much by not installing.

Back
Top Bottom