The Crew

Soldato
I got the closed beta code, I never seem to get them codes and I had a support ticket open for Watch_Dogs not long ago, which didn't fix the problem, I wonder if that has something to do with it ;)

Soldato
I don't sadly, if one pops through i will put it in here.

I have a question for any of you who are network savvy

a friend of mine is trying to download the beta, has been for 18 hours, and has so far downloaded 16mb

.. really haha

What happens is as soon as uplay starts the download windows network diagnostic tells him the dns server isnt responding. This only happens with uplay.

He has downloaded with steam/browser/skype ect ect

His internet is famously bad in our group of players. He sometimes struggles with loading a youtube video, but plays online games fine!

I asked him to turn his firewall off and cap the download speed to what he knew his net was comfortable with ended up just going as low as possible around 128kbs

However this is still happening and is quite frustrating for us as the beta will be ending soon.

Hope someone may be able to shine some light on this

Caporegime
Quick question about Uplay. Apparently I can play the game before it has fully downloaded but it gives a warning message saying:

The game is playable when all essential files have been downloaded. You may play, but your gaming experience may not be ideal until you've downloaded all game content.

What will actually be missing?

Caporegime
What a joke! I've put up with rubbish Internet all day due to Uplay using all my bandwidth to download this and now they've decided to restart the server! I'm off to work in an hour, might as well have just downloaded it overnight. I think it ends on the 25th anyway doesn't it? :p :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom