Guarantee repair takes long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zYx

zYx

Associate
OP
I paid £699.

I shall see their response tomorrow morning.

Changing 28 days to 28 working days is a **** take.

PS, thanks for gibbos post. I took a screenshot of it and of the FAQ section where it states 28 days - for court should I need to go that route.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unless there's just some odd consistency.
I remember 28 working days being mentioned before, but in my CS threads (Which I've never had a problem with) 28 days is being mentioned from a quick skim.

Odd.

EDIT : I've just seen a thread of mine where we were definitely past "28 days" and a solution actually came at the 26th working day.

Last edited:
I paid £699.

PS, thanks for gibbos post. I took a screenshot of it and of the FAQ section where it states 28 days - for court should I need to go that route.

Yeah you tell 'em sister.

Get them to push the manufacturer.

edit: isn't it a bit cheeky advertising your own computer repair business on oc's forums?

Last edited:

zYx

zYx

Associate
OP
edit: isn't it a bit cheeky advertising your own computer repair business on oc's forums?

Cheeky? You had to do some digging to find it, and because of this I don't believe it's an advertising.

and regarding getting them to push the manufacturer, I was emailing them asking about the situation and what reply do you think I got? :]

Last edited:
I find OcUK generally good for RMAs, generally 1-2 weeks turnaround for e.g. Asus or Gigabyte items. The only time I had poor service was in 2006 with a Shuttle PC, where OcUK had a contract with EntaGroup (for Shuttle repairs). EntaGroup dicked us around with long turnaround and conflicting engineer reports, to the point where I had to give up that build and start afresh.

Associate
I have had problems in the past with GPU replacements but monitor not at all, so I have no idea. I think its the person you happen to get that deals with the RMA!

zYx

zYx

Associate
OP
I find OcUK generally good for RMAs, generally 1-2 weeks turnaround for e.g. Asus or Gigabyte items. The only time I had poor service was in 2006 with a Shuttle PC, where OcUK had a contract with EntaGroup (for Shuttle repairs). EntaGroup dicked us around with long turnaround and conflicting engineer reports, to the point where I had to give up that build and start afresh.

I don't get many problems, but when I do OcUK CS always turned me down, especially with their blunt communication skills. (Like whatever, we will deal with it eventually…)

xYX - how are you communicating with OcUK CS? I don't know if OcUK still has it, but I found their 'web note' avenue below par in terms of response, although I am talking 8-10 years ago so not sure if that's still an avenue now. Their CS forums however, which appear at the top of the OcUK forum index I always found to be excellent in terms of response. P.S. they have telephone support too, but I find that it's better to explain the problem in writing. It's a slower method of course, but it brings down the communication barrier.

OcUK Staff
Hello there zYx,

I am sorry to hear of the issues with the RMA with us. Let me give you the following information.

- As the item is outside of the DOA period we send them back to the manufacturer for repair / replacement or credit (depending on what the manufacturer do) in compliance to the Sale of Goods Act.

- We do allocate in worst case scenario 28 days for this process but usually most manufacturers come back quicker than this.

- With this being an End of Life card sometimes replacements / repairs are harder to come buy resulting in it taking a little longer to be turned around. So more than likely we may get a credit for the returned item.

- Sapphire's RMA centre is based in the Czech Republic so there are the shipping times too and from as well which can also add to a slight delay.

Looking at this RMA I can see that more likely we will be getting a credit for the card from Sapphire so if there is an alternative replacement you would like I can gladly sort this.

Failing that I can process a refund for you.

Again my apologies if this has caused any problems

Let me know ASAP

Best Regards

Bailey

Caporegime
I paid £699.

OCUk have posted the info clearly now, so need for courts drama. Good luck getting the rest of it sorted anyway. :)

Sorry, but what kind of bum-licking so-and-so do you have to be to draw attention to that in this thread? It's his homepage for his small local business, and is his right to link to, and realistically makes absolutely less than zero difference to OUCK... you were just trying to be a pain and stir up some grief for the guy. Seriously, I bet you were the kid in class that used to do their best to get people into trouble and no-one liked.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Not his problem.

Excuse me??????

Did I say it was his problem? When did I ever say it was his problem at any point during that post?

I was only giving reason as to why in a worst case scenario it could take up to 28 days.

I suggest before posting take deeper thought and read.

Bailey

Last edited:
Caporegime
Someone's going to have to clarify this 28 days to me.

Assume item arrived on the 1st July, does that mean a solution would have to come on the 29th?

Like I say, I've just seen a thread where I was on the 26th working day (Not that it particularly bothers me and the solution more than merited the wait, as I've always thought it's working days) which was far past 28 "days"?

rpg

rpg

Associate
28 working days = nonsensical. 'Working days' are in multiples of 5. 'Days' are in multiples of 7.

My BS radar would go into full swing if somebody quoted 28 working days to me...

Soldato
I'm sorry, what? A partial refund if a unit is inside warranty, since when has that ever been the case? If something doesn't work within the warranty period I'd expect to be put back into the position I was before the purchase.

Or is that not the case with consumer goods any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom