Oddworld: Abes Oddysee New 'n' Tasty for ps4

Soldato
Playing it on hard. Feels just as frustrating as I remember, shouting at the TV when making the same mistake over and over again and being sent back to checkpoint.!

I think the new quick save/load at any time feature makes it much less frustrating compared to the original.
Trying not to use it too much and make the game easy. Just after a long easy section so I don't have to repeat it.

Associate
god this game is hard lol ,was one of the few games i finished on ps1.this version looks better obviously but just as frustrating but soooo satisfying.

Soldato
So, I had a little 1 hour trial run on Normal to test it out before playing Hard for real - I rescued every one I come across but there were locked doors etc.

I then escaped to the stockyard and beyond.
But, during these sections there was nobody to rescue? Just a bunch of portals by themselves with no slaves to be seen.

Is that me having done something wrong?

I remember there being secret areas you could drop down to but think I missed them all - unless that was Exodus?

Anyway - loving the game as expected but also as expected - I have no idea where to go.
The puzzles and methods of resucing slaves isn't difficult for the most part but remembering where I'm going/have been IS

Soldato
OP
So, I had a little 1 hour trial run on Normal to test it out before playing Hard for real - I rescued every one I come across but there were locked doors etc.

I then escaped to the stockyard and beyond.
But, during these sections there was nobody to rescue? Just a bunch of portals by themselves with no slaves to be seen.

Is that me having done something wrong?

I remember there being secret areas you could drop down to but think I missed them all - unless that was Exodus?

Anyway - loving the game as expected but also as expected - I have no idea where to go.
The puzzles and methods of resucing slaves isn't difficult for the most part but remembering where I'm going/have been IS

There are secret trap doors there's one right at the start just be you jump up onto a ledge for first time it's behind a barrel :) I'm playing destiny beta while it's still open then I'm going to get into this one and try finish it this time around :)

Soldato
There are secret trap doors there's one right at the start just be you jump up onto a ledge for first time it's behind a barrel :) I'm playing destiny beta while it's still open then I'm going to get into this one and try finish it this time around :)

Ah OK I'll look out for those more carefully then. I was sure I rememebered them from my quick go on the PS1 version on Vita - I just never really played it at the time as I sold the Vita.

Plus I wasn't sure if you can come back later to places, or which areas you must rescue everyone before moving on.

Soldato
OP
Ah OK I'll look out for those more carefully then. I was sure I rememebered them from my quick go on the PS1 version on Vita - I just never really played it at the time as I sold the Vita.

Plus I wasn't sure if you can come back later to places, or which areas you must rescue everyone before moving on.

I'm not sure if you can go back to places either ? Would be nice to be able to replay certain points and see if you could do better :)

Soldato
If it's exactly like the original, once you leave through the stock yards, you can't go back and rescue any Mudokons you left there.

Soldato
will pick this up when im out of games but currently loving guacamele again after finishing it on the vita the platforming i didnt manage on the vita should be more forgiving on bigger screen.

also have Transisitor but i only play that when i get chance to sit and enjoy it as it needs the sound

Soldato
I'm not sure if you can go back to places either ? Would be nice to be able to replay certain points and see if you could do better :)

Finished it at the weekend and yeah you just chapter select to improve your times and rescue everything.

Certainly makes things easier. My time was 5.5 hours on Hard mode to rescue them all so going to take some doing to get that down to 3 hours for the speed run. Not fussed about trophies but I like to do it in the fastest time I can

Have really enjoyed playing through it anyway - so many areas I never seen when playing it on PS1 all those years ago.

Soldato
I seem to have accidently left the factory without actually rescuing the majority of the mudokons, I ended up outside where the scrabs are. Can I go back or do I need to start again?

Also Sligs still make me lol, particularly when they kill you!

Soldato
Finished it at the weekend and yeah you just chapter select to improve your times and rescue everything.

Certainly makes things easier. My time was 5.5 hours on Hard mode to rescue them all so going to take some doing to get that down to 3 hours for the speed run. Not fussed about trophies but I like to do it in the fastest time I can

Have really enjoyed playing through it anyway - so many areas I never seen when playing it on PS1 all those years ago.

5.5 hours wow I guess when I was a kid the game seemed longer.

Permabanned
I seem to have accidently left the factory without actually rescuing the majority of the mudokons, I ended up outside where the scrabs are. Can I go back or do I need to start again?

Also Sligs still make me lol, particularly when they kill you!

Yeah you lose guys,but your on the right track
Go to end of level and you'll be back in

Soldato
5.5 hours wow I guess when I was a kid the game seemed longer.

Yeah I don't think I ever even got out of the factory as a kid!

There is a trophy for rescuing everyone in under 3 hours - but that can be done on Easy mode which will make things much quicker as you can sponge a bit of damage to simply run past enemies.

Plus, chapter select makes it a lot easier to reduce your overall time

Back
Top Bottom