• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
The 5C is outselling the Galaxy S5 despite not being top of the range but still expensive and from last year - it's far from a failure which must infuriate Samsung.

That's a surprise, source?

Edit to add ah I see it was a rubbish stat from a troll.

Soldato

Maybe i'm wrong but i don't see how that source particularly helps you. You stated -
The 5C is outselling the Galaxy S5 ....

However, if you continue to read the source cultofmac.com quoted (http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/global/News/Galaxy-S5-attracts-some-Apple-customers-in-Europe) then you'll find this comment which poo-poos it -
"In the USA the Samsung Galaxy S5 was the second highest selling smartphone in May just behind the iPhone 5S...."

And if you include Fallen God's source, which covers 35 countries and not just Britain like the source you've quoted from, then you'll find your comment is even further from the truth.

:confused:

Soldato
The UK sales for June / July would be more relevant - regardless if you think the 5c is a 'failure' what does that make the galaxy?

Soldato
And if you include Fallen God's source, which covers 35 countries and not just Britain like the source you've quoted from, then you'll find your comment is even further from the truth.:

Firstly he posted from the cult of mac, literally the most bias site on the internet, second n111ck is a huge troll so don't expect anything factual, but instead half truths that will paint apple in the best light.

Soldato
Well, from the various sources (including your source) posted it seems the S5 is out selling the 5c, so I guess not a failure? :confused:

Last years 5c is a failure yet is outselling / nearly outselling (whatever) samsungs newest top of the range phone in the first full month of launch?

Samsung must rage at those sales figures. :D

Soldato
Would it be worth while upgrading from a iPhone 5 to iPhone 6?

Only complaint would be battery life and perhaps a little to small screen, although I do prefer reasonably sized phone rather than phablets.

Not big on upgrading and usually like waiting a couple of years so can see a biggish improvement.

Soldato
Well, the 5S had been an iteration of the 5 so historically the 6 should be a worthy upgrade even to those with a 5S. So historically speaking you can give an informed prediction.

rpg

rpg

Associate
The 5C is a horrible, plasticky failure and it's clear that the Galaxy S5 outsold it in many, many countries worldwide. Thanks for the unbiased info visibleman! :)

Yes, I'd agree with trentlad. All you have to do is look back at previous iPhone upgrades.

4 -> 4S; not worth it.
4 -> 5; worth it.
5 -> 5S; not worth it.
5 - > 6; will be worth it.

I've never bothered with any S version personally (waste of money) as it's just a facelift effectively, with no real new design features. Coming from a 5, I'll be definitely looking to upgrade to the 6 - providing that ugly phablet doesn't get higher specs vs the normal sized model.

rpg

rpg

Associate
In my case rpg, I'll probably move from 4S -> 6.

Personally, that's what I would do also. I didn't mention upgrading from an S model as if you were to skip an iteration (generally considered most cost effective vs feature gain on iPhones), you'd get stuck with S models continuously.

This way, you get yourself out of that 'loop', and you get yourself the new design - because let's face it, the 6S is just going to be a fancy iPhone 6, it won't be anything innovative design-wise. Just a couple of gimmicks and a slightly faster CPU (unnecessary).

Soldato
Samsung must rage at those sales figures. :D

Why would they be raging? :confused: Their new flagship phone (if you go off Fallen God's link; some actual figures would be nice however) is ranked second within 35 territories and they have five phones to Apple's three in the top ten.
They might feel a little disappointed about launches figures within Britain but i imagine, on a global scale, Samsung are pretty pleased!

Either way we've probably derailed the thread enough Nick, shame that your posted source doesn't particularly back up your statement that the 5C is outselling the S5 but be sure to let us know when/if you comes across data that says otherwise :)

Soldato
Why would they be raging? :confused: Their new flagship phone (if you go off Fallen God's link; some actual figures would be nice however) is ranked second within 35 territories and they have five phones to Apple's three in the top ten.
They might feel a little disappointed about launches figures within Britain but i imagine, on a global scale, Samsung are pretty pleased!

Either way we've probably derailed the thread enough Nick, shame that your posted source doesn't particularly back up your statement that the 5C is outselling the S5 but be sure to let us know when/if you comes across data that says otherwise :)

Er second to the iPhone 5s that also came out last year :D

Samsung appreciates your support and will reward you with another minor spec bump ugly plastic phone next year. :cool:

Soldato
Er second to the iPhone 5s that also came out last year :D

Samsung appreciates your support and will reward you with another minor spec bump ugly plastic phone next year. :cool:

Theres no wonder the iPhone5s is top its been out longer :rolleyes:

I don't like Samsung but you have some kind of fetish i'm sure of it.

on the topic, iOS is looking better but I still don't like the design of the phone. It is going to look mega ugly in the big sizes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom