** OSX Yosemite **

Associate
I think i prefer the darker mode, looks F.A.B with a darker background and also on the Pro machines (with the black screen rim) it just 'looks right' and tones down the over zealous current "in" childish apple colours.

You also can adjust the contrast on the system as a whole.

Soldato
Tempted to try it out in its beta form.

Do you guys know if Adobe CC, Sublime, Spotify, Dropbox work?

All work, I've moved my main machine over now and everything I use works just fine, which includes, Adobe suite, sublime, spotify, vagrant, virtual box, chrome, steam, iterms.

Dark mode is nice but most of the menu items don't support it so there also black and very difficult too see.

Soldato
Seriously, wtf?

I'm going to be dead and probably most of the human race as well by the time this has finished installing.

Tempted to just give up, this is a **** take.

It's just been through installing, which it said was 15 minutes - try about 2 hours, then it's started it all over again. So what was it doing before?

Soldato
2008 alu macbook. So nothing great but i've installed all sorts of betas on all sorts of hardware and this is taking many times more than anything i've ever come across.

I appreciate it's a beta but i'd consider this exceptionally poor for a pre-alpha.

Soldato
We've got there in the end but I missed my child's first, second, and third birthdays in the process.

To say i'm upset is an understatement.

Soldato
Well:

- Safari three finger swipe for back/forward works about 15% of the time.
- Steam isn't have any of it and won't open.
- Safari is quite juddery and slow (maybe spec related? dunno).

But those I can put up with, although the three-finger swipe is a right pain in actual usage, it's amazing how much I depend on it. Have reported them and will see what comes of it.

Soldato
Well:

- Safari three finger swipe for back/forward works about 15% of the time.
- Steam isn't have any of it and won't open.
- Safari is quite juddery and slow (maybe spec related? dunno).

But those I can put up with, although the three-finger swipe is a right pain in actual usage, it's amazing how much I depend on it. Have reported them and will see what comes of it.

I have the same first two issues.
Swiping back a page freezes safari half way through the animation.

Although Safari itself has never been as responsive as it is now for me. I find it sluggish and annoying on Mavericks now.

Sadly FCPX lags like crazy, as well so it's not just usable for me just yet.

Associate
3 issues for me:

-Skitch doesnt work, no problem can use Puush instead.
-Outlook often takes 5 seconds from tabbing to it before it will work, just sits there and then suddenly catches up on any actions you've made.
-DOTA2 crashes to desktop (randomly) have played on Mavericks without issue and in the last 2 days it has crashed 3 times. PITA

Back
Top Bottom