What games first got you into PC gaming ?

Associate
My first PC i used to play Gearhead garage - still better than Mechanic Simulator

Family first PC, it was old school and i used to play lemmings and some Maze game that i remember smashing some glass with a tuning fork

Associate
Half Life then CS 1.6.

I remember my dad playing them, then he taught me. I was only 10 years old but even then I was hooked. Haven't stopped since.

Soldato
I started computer gaming with the ZX81, and moved from there to a C64. But my first PC gaming memories are from an old IBM 8086 PS/2, and I remember playing Zork and Leather Godesses of Phobos between doing university work.

It wasn't until Monkey Island came out that I really thought that a PC could be a convincing games machine. I was really sold by MechWarrior, X-Wing, and Doom.

Ah I think our first PC was an IBM PS/2 (386 25MHz with 2MB RAM).

Monkey Island 2 (and 1 I guess), Civilisation 1, Fronter: Elite 2, UFO Enemy Unknown are the initial games I remember that got me into PC gaming. Probably some more that I am forgetting... :p

Soldato
Duke Nukem 3D and a game called 'Lost Eden', points to those who remember it!

The guy with no tongue scared the crap out of me :p

Associate
Championship Manager.

Used to play it on the Amiga but then realised it'd be so much better with a 'powerful' PC, so I splashed out on one of those lovely cream tower cases housing a 233mhz Cyrix processor. Since that day in the mid 90s my pursuit of better and faster hardware hasn't abated.

Soldato
Duke Nukem 3D (multiplayer) - playing against the entire A-Level Computer Science class during the lesson.

I still remember laying remote mines and watching other players over the in-game CCTV and detonating when they were close enough. That entire concept was utterly phenomenal at the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom