*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Really enjoying the game, but can anyone explain how clans work in game? Is there a clan section where you communicate with clan / organise fireteams. All I can find is the 'friends' list... and I'm not even sure clan members would appear on this.

Co-op strikes/raids look great, but they dont seem to be making it easy to form groups for these (aside from matchmaking)

Soldato
There are loot chests and dead ghosts but that's it. It would be nice if there were NPCs like in Borderlands which could dish out side missions to you.

That's another thing that's poor about this. You can walk through the npc's at the tower. They are like ghosts. I tried to jump on a ship that came and hovered nearby and fell through that as well. Immersion ruining imo.

Why are there no other players at the tower anymore either. The first day I played the tower had loads of randomers running about and in the missions there were other randomers too. Now I'm all alone no matter where I go.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
The Beta has confirmed for me that this has very real potential to be GOTY and completely ruin my social life.

Its huge and has massive scope.. its just awesome!

I'm pretty much done with games until this is out. It pushed me over the edge into ps4 land also.

Soldato
I'm pretty much done with games until this is out. It pushed me over the edge into ps4 land also.

Pretty much the same for me.

Last of Us on Friday then its a case of getting the platinum on the games I have left prior to this coming out.

Need to trade as I've ordered the Ghost edition.

Actually... whats people's thoughts on the ghost edition?

I don't know if I should open it or keep it sealed and buy a collectors edition?

Associate
What's the point in exploring though? It's not like fallout where there's stuff and side missions to stumble across.

While in Explore mode there are missions you can get from the flashing green beacons dotted around.

These explore missions are quite shallow though from what I played in the beta - kill x of these and pick up x of these etc.
I also got a 'scout' mission, but all I had to do was jump on a building and stand at the waypoint marker for 5 seconds to complete it.

I think exploring is pretty much the 'grind mode' of the game. Farm chests, kill things over and over etc.

Soldato
While in Explore mode there are missions you can get from the flashing green beacons dotted around.

These explore missions are quite shallow though from what I played in the beta - kill x of these and pick up x of these etc.
I also got a 'scout' mission, but all I had to do was jump on a building and stand at the waypoint marker for 5 seconds to complete it.

I think exploring is pretty much the 'grind mode' of the game. Farm chests, kill things over and over etc.

i thought this too, i was confused. playing it i thought does this mission end as the missions kept repeating and refreshing. then decided it must be for grinding levels for other missions etc

Associate
Is there competivitve MP in the beta? I am liking those COOP missions, but the game would be sick if it has for example TDM or S&D ect...

Yes, yes and yes. The only MP mode in the beta is a capture the zone style mode - its marmite to be honest. The locked modes are visible, all typical modes present

Soldato
Is there competivitve MP in the beta? I am liking those COOP missions, but the game would be sick if it has for example TDM or S&D ect...

Think more CoD than Halo. Not my cup of tea - it's all quick deaths and shooting people before they have a chance to respond - but it's early days. Maybe in higher levels with better gear things will change, or perhaps Bungie will make some tweaks. Or not.

Soldato
Think more CoD than Halo. Not my cup of tea - it's all quick deaths and shooting people before they have a chance to respond - but it's early days. Maybe in higher levels with better gear things will change, or perhaps Bungie will make some tweaks. Or not.

Yep, getting sniped from the other side of the map - Check

Shot in the back every 2 seconds before you can respond - Check

Having to persist until you get that gun everybody uses in MP - Check

Can you tell I just got my ass handed to me :p

Looking forward to the co-op, I found the multi pretty meh to be honest. Sometimes I have good games, sometimes awful. Feels quite shallow though

Back
Top Bottom