Asus Vulcan ANC earpads have perished, anywhere stock replacements?

Associate
Hi all,

Not sure where to look, but so far I have failed to find anywhere stocking replacement ear pads for the Asus Vulcan ANC headset.

I bought them here on the 20th December 2012, they are still current products so surely someone has spares?

Associate
Snap!

I have the same headset, similar age and one ear cup split open this week

Sorry to break the bad news but there are no replacement ear cups. I found many accounts on the net of people trying to get them direct from Asus, they simply do not provide that service. It's either bin them, buy a new headset or try to repair them yourself as best you can.

It's the same situation with the detachable cable, you cant get those except second hand from people binning their headsets

I was very surprised at the situation when I looked in to it. If you google replacement ear cups for logitech there are loads of hits, now do the same for asus and there are none...

Looking for a new headset atm and it wont be Asus because I'm not binning another £70 headset just because the ear cups get damaged.

Im probably going to go for an audio headset and use a separate mic, just because the support on audio headsets seems much better (easier to get parts). Toying with the idea of the Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, seem sturdy but a bit worried about long term comfort.

My summary of Asus headsets would be: Super comfortable but not durable and terrible after sales support

Associate
Funny my set has just done exactly the same, also bought around the same time. Short of a needle and thread to try and repair I've gone for a set of Kingston hyper x cloud , managed to track down a pair at a good price unfortunately not from ocuk this time around. Was too good a deal to miss out on at least they also come with 2 sets of ear cup's as standard. Sad good headset otherwise only let down by the ear cup fault.

Associate
Just FYI: I went for the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset (250ohm). I chose it because many said it was one of the most comfortable audiophile headset and had a big sound stage for a closed back (I didn't want sound leaking). Sound is excellent, far (far) superior to the Asus headsets. Unfortunately it is far (far) less comfortable than the Asus headsets and doesn't keep the sound contained as well either. I guess you cant have everything, I really miss my super comfortable Asus headset... Even though the sound I get now is much better I cant wear the headset more than about 2hrs before it starts to get really painful on the top of my head :\

Associate
OP
you can try and contact ASUS direct

I did, they were as helpfull as a chocolate watch in a sauna.

Asus stated no spares were carried for that headset, and that the earpieces were not covered by any warranty.

Which is a shame as I have a perfectly woking Asus Vulcan ANC headset I cannot use due to no replacement bloody pads.

Hell even OCUK could not help, I had bought the Asus Headset from OCUK December 2012 for occasional gaming, and by June 2014 it's earpads pleather had just crumbled around my ears.

I ended up buying the HyperX Cloud headset from OCUK as no where could I find an answer, as many Asus Vulcan owners who have had this issue could attest.

I was not bloody happy having to spend another load of cash on a headset. I bought the Asus based on reviews, it replaced a barely used razer carcharias that stopped working due to a wiring fault.

As least the HyperX headset comes with spare pads. 3rd time lucky. But I would still like a set of bloody earpads for the damn Asus headset.

If OCUK could find suitable replacements I am sure their would be a customer base buying them, as a quick google will show this is a common problem Asus have known about for years yet seemingly ignored.

Soldato
Another owner here with the same issue and resolution - perished pleather on the Vulcan (right hand one finally split in my case, but the left is looking pretty thin too) and went for a HyperX Cloud as a replacement.

The Vulcan's are in a drawer as they still work fine and I hope, one day, Asus decide to stock the earpads only and I can resurrect it to it's former glory. Or use them as a now uncomfortable temporary stand-in between possible future headphone failure and replacement being delivered.

Nice headphones, shame about the after-sales support.

Associate
I know this is an old thread but I'll chime in and add that mine are finally succumbing to the same issue. I really don't want to replace them as they're by far the best headset I've ever used overall, the sound qaulity is decent but it's the fact so comfortable with great noise containment. Really don't want to switch headsets but finally after 4 years wear is setting in.

Which alternatives offer similar comfort?

Back
Top Bottom