The Last Of Us

Soldato
For those people saying it's not much of a difference to the PS3 version, I present the following.

i8tqDzzKyV1Pz.jpg

i6AqWBPejAmfc.jpg

14575159627_74536336c1_o.png

thelastofusremasteredc7jsn.jpg

thelastofusremastered2cjzg.jpg

14751841726_8b71d8c3ec_o.jpg

The%20Last%20of%20Us%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2%20Remastered_20140729110149.jpg

Soldato
Yes it looks better but it's only appears to be a resolution and framerate bump. That's to my eyes anyway. Okay the characters look a fair bit better too but the environments seem to be textures and modelled the same.

Soldato
The textures are the same, but much higher resolution/detail.

To be honest it was mostly a quick release to have something out for the Summer and to give Naughty Dog some coding experience on the PS4, we'll likely see an Uncharted Collection at some point too.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I swear people in this thread don't understand what the word 'remastered' means

ps3ud0 :cool:

In terms of game re-releases it means more tidied up that completely overhauled. Same as every thread on this forum, just gets bombarded with 'it'll be rubbish innit' comments.

Associate
Got mine today too from GameSeek.

never played it but nearly bought a ps3 just to play it.

Can wait to whack it in the console and play but sadly my mrs wants to play it with me which means i have to wait till 9pm to play it :(

Soldato
Nice video showing the frame rate advantage on PS4 they report 46fps as a min compared to the PS3 regularly dropping into low 20's....Was hoping it would be a constant 60fps on PS4 but this engine is not really optimised for PS4 so cannot really complain.

Soldato
From a visual standpoint, the 1080p boost and texture upgrades certainly go hand-in-hand to produce a cleaner, sharper looking game. The issue here is that actual efforts to improve upon the game's core are only occasional and demand close side-by-side inspection to really catch. Those expecting an overhaul to the game's visual setup - or even a limited once-over on the most obvious last-gen assets - may leave disappointed.

I'm more happy about the frame rate tbh but I think some will be disappointed with the visuals not receiving quite the makeover that was expected.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
to be honest..when you go and look at some of the shots coming from the photo mode on the neogaf thread.....I can see now why Naughty dog didnt bother to release any screenshots..they didnt have to!

when you see what people are producing from the game the players will do all the work for them by producing some amazing shots..the internet is going to break by so many people taking and posting photos form this!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863461

Associate
Random question, was going to buy some of the DLC packs for the Ps3 version (Mask packs for MP mainly, they carry over to Ps4 if you purchased them for PS3 apparently), but they seem to have been removed from PSN? Anyone else not seeing them? Checked on PS3 and via the webstore.

Back
Top Bottom