The Last Of Us

Caporegime
What's going on with the pricing on this? rainforest is selling day 1 edition for £38 and mindbogglingly the normal version is £6 more.. what gives? it should be £6 cheaper? I don't want all of the day 1 cheatmode things. Are they just pricing the normal version higher to secure sales on the day 1 edition and it'll drop lower after release?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I got my aknowledgement email on the 16th. Have you had the pre order bonus code email ?
Nope not had that either - actually no emails since despatch of the envelope. Made sure to order before the cut off date and sent off my trade-ins hours after I got the trade envelope just over a week ago.

Im sure they are just busy with orders but I suspect Im in for some bad news soon :p:(

And for people wondering if its worth getting again - did you try the MP in the first place? Its very good and different - main reason Im getting it again (well that and I didnt get any of the PS3 DLC)...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
I have it for PS3 but I'm still getting it again. Didn't play any DLC and never went on multiplayer. I've got it for £34 so take into account the DLC cost and add in finding a fiver the other day and my man maths doesn't make it too bad a price for the 'same game'. :D

Last edited:

FTM

FTM

Soldato
dont think of it as the same game..think of it as having a cherished DVD that you want to buy in blu ray

I laugh at the army of nerds moaning about getting this when they already have it on ps3

whilst they sit beside a shelf groaning with Star wars VHS tapes, then the remastered VHS edition, then a trilogy DVD box set then some sort of blu ray collection with them all in

Soldato
It's the same game with slightly improved graphics and improved frame rate. The experience will be the same so depends if you want to play it again.

Well that's a slight contradiction, improved visuals and frame rate will generally create a better experience :p

For the most part if you have already played this on the PS3 then it will all be very similar and potentially not worth the £40.00 bucks.

However, if you have only a PS4 and never played the original you are receiving the definitive copy with the DLC included.

Associate
nope, you only downloaded part of the game needed to start playing it and it then continues to download the rest in the background.

the thing is though it doesn't tell you that it's still downloading it (doesn't show up in notifications) you need to go to the game in the menu and select options then information, it will then show there that it's still downloading the rest of the game.

i like the system but i would prefer that it showed in notifications instead of hidden away because i deleted fifa 10 times and then downloaded it again before i decided to google the issue to be told the reason why i couldn't play the full game was because it was still downloading and it's just you cannot tell it is. I thought the install was being corrupted because i only had access to "the demo" version of the game

Aaah thanks! Yeah, that really needs to be in the download section. My internet could be getting sucked up and I have no idea why!

But yeah - 20/39GB done. Sounds much more like it :) Thank god I could pre-load.

Back
Top Bottom