Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

Permabanned
I think my Moto X may be faulty.

Battery life has become really **** recently and it freezes constantly.

I had that on mine. Never got the bottom of the problem.

Battery life was garbage on my Moto X. I tried running with no apsp installed but it was still garbage.

Rebooted every so often when trying to do a Google search.

Nice handset but to unreliable - I soon got shut

Associate
I got a notification of an update this morning, I assume that's 4.4.3. Havent' installed yet, looking for a changelog first

EDIT: Turns out it was 4.4.4. Seems I skipped 4.4.2! :p Claims to have camera improvements too but I haven't noticed anything different yet.

Last edited:
Associate
SIM-unlocked Verizon developer's edition. Don't worry, I'm sure yours is coming too, but if you can't wait there's loads of leaked firmware on XDA-developers.

BTW pausing a video recording works as advertised and I noticed the camera adjusting slightly faster to going from a well-lit to a darkly-lit environment. The latter could be pure placebo though.

Associate
Didn't get a notification but was in settings and happened to manually check and there was the 4.4.4 update available.

Don't think it's a particularly big update so went ahead and installed it. All ok so far. I'm not sure but things seem a little snappier than it was. May be wishful thinking :) Dialer has changed and has sort of gone similar to the Google Mail app with coloured squares - not so sure about it but guess I'll get used to it. Don't use the Google Mail app myself. Have to look up what else has changed :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
So I bought my dad a Motomaker Moto X which arrived today. About $345 (just over 200 quid), for a 16GB model with wood back panel.

Just had a quick play with it now... I really like it :eek:

Absolute perfect size and contour to sit in the hand! Active display and camera launch gestures are so handy. It's obviously very snappy and responsive, but that's owing to no installed apps and no Google account, so a bit unfair to give it credit for that.

I sort of really want one now, especially with the awesome wood back panel... but Moto X2 is so close. And I want an M8 as well :rolleyes:

First world problems? :(

Last edited:
Associate
Can anybody recommend a decent screen protector for the X?

I had one off of amazon to start with which eventually cracked. Now have the one from link below and has been OK. It has a cut out at the top for the proximity sensor which the amazon one didn't. This got rid of the problem whereby after moving phone away from face after taking a call the display wasn't coming back on occasionally. No longer have that issue with the ebay one.

It also doesn't attract finger marks as bad as the one off amazon. So it's glass and fits fairly well. Like all these protectors, it's a case of getting alignment right before going ahead to apply for real. Also explosion proof and radiation protection .... where can u get all that for the price :rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Genui...sPouches&var=560305344295&hash=item3cdb4eebac

I know many say they're a waste of time on gorilla glass but found the glass on face of phone or glass protector applied always ends up with a lot of light scratching when viewed with display off. Not a big issue but at least you can peel the protector off and apply another if they get bad.

Associate
Alec, only case I've used is a cheap gel skin and it doesn't stop it sliding about on a flat surface. Guess it's down to the rounded back. Don't really use the gel case as prefer the feel of the phone 'bare'. One thing I have noticed is the finish on the back of the phone is wearing ever so slightly. Nothing major but odd places where you can see what is appears to be silver in colour underneath.

Back
Top Bottom