*Transfer Window 2014/15 Season Rumours/Signings *AKA Man U fans listing every player under the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
By the end of the transfer window we'll have lost about 6 or 7 players and so far we've brought in 2.

Now you can maybe fill a spot or two with players from the youth team. You can also say that we don't need that big of a squad as we aren't in Europe, but even so, we need at least 2 signings, preferably 3 or 4.

Man of Honour
Shirley left fullback, as well (or wingback if someone's going to comment on that :p). At least at RB there are players who done a job there in the past (Smalling/Jones/Valencia) on top of the main player Rafael... but now Evra's gone, as well as Büttner, who'd play instead of Shaw?

Young.

Soldato
Manquillo has missed training today as he has reportedly travelled to Liverpool to finalize the move. Haven't seen him play and the only thing I can say about him is that his name is **** for having an arm longer than the other arm.

Soldato
Talks of Kostas Mitroglou on the way to Trabzonspor with an initial €3m loan fee and an option to buy for €7m.

Soldato
By the end of the transfer window we'll have lost about 6 or 7 players and so far we've brought in 2.

Now you can maybe fill a spot or two with players from the youth team. You can also say that we don't need that big of a squad as we aren't in Europe, but even so, we need at least 2 signings, preferably 3 or 4.

By all reports LVG will work with a much smaller squad than usual due to the drop in fixtures. I just hope he gets the balance right between a smaller focussed squad and having enough cover for injuries.

Man of Honour
The 'fingers crossed' approach to squad depth issues is a sensible one :p. IMO it'd be ridiculous to go into the season relying on Shaw... obviously he could be fit all season, but you just need a bit of bad luck and it's not looking good. I thought that was why you'd been linked to Vermaelen/Blind/etc...

Young may have done okay in preseason, but I'd be scared having him as a backup wingback... I mean, Zaha looked good last preseason, no? I just don't see it as a decent time to assess the actual abilities of players.

It's nothing to do with a fingers crossed approach, it's about priorities. I'd have CB and CM ahead of LWB at the moment. Simple as that. On top of that, Reece James looked very good at LWB (better than Shaw so far), and Blackett can play there too.

I'm not making any real judgements on pre-season, we've looked very good, but I'm not sure it's been a fair representation of the abilities of some of our players. Young can be good, but has usually been poor in the past. I'm not sure Fletcher can be playing week in week out either.

Zaha looked okay last pre-season, I don't think he played that much.

Blind would be a good buy as he's very versatile, but he's not been mentioned for ages.

By all reports LVG will work with a much smaller squad than usual due to the drop in fixtures. I just hope he gets the balance right between a smaller focussed squad and having enough cover for injuries.

It's not like we don't have any games though, we're still in the domestic cups and then we have the league on top of that. We have to have a good balance to cover for injuries.

Man of Honour
I think it is a fingers crossed approach if you have a first choice left fullback, with the only players behind him being a winger who's been a laughing stock for a few years and a couple of youth team prospects. I realise a CB and CM might be higher on the priorities list, but it'd be truly ridiculous if a club like Manyoo couldn't get all three... finances can't be an issue :-\, and it's just getting back to where you were in that position (losing Evra and Büttner/bringing in Shaw and a backup).

But I sense we're not going to agree, so meh!

I completely agree... why do you think I'm so annoyed we're not being linked with players we actually need and it's already August...

I appreciate LvG wants to give everyone a chance and that's fine, but it should be blindingly obvious that we need a CB/CM, etc. And it looks like we're bizarrely trying to buy Hummels... :confused:

Caporegime
think its already agreed .....subject to a very rigorous medical

:(

For 10m you want to be stamping on his legs in the medical ;) I can't believe it's that high, if so good business by City for the 12m they paid when he was supposed to be the next big thing.

His wages will be interesting, worth a punt but 10m is a lot of someone with his injury record unless his wage is what it was at Everton :D

Soldato
I completely agree... why do you think I'm so annoyed we're not being linked with players we actually need and it's already August...

I appreciate LvG wants to give everyone a chance and that's fine, but it should be blindingly obvious that we need a CB/CM, etc. And it looks like we're bizarrely trying to buy Hummels... :confused:

No surprise really LVG is known for not liking to buy players it was also one of the reasons he was fired at bayern but he has brought in some good academy players though

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Rodwell just another in a long line of young players who go to these rich clubs then stagnate as they don't get the games then have to go elsewhere to play

s-p

s-p

Associate
Any Forest fans on here? Are these 2 players Newcastle are buying and then loaning back any good?

Out of the two, Lascelles is the player with the most potential. Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, QPR have all been sniffing around him in recent years so I'm surprised you've managed to get both him and Darlow for what appears to be a relatively low figure.

Considering we were supposedly offered 5 million from Arsenal for Lascelles when he was 17 (back in Jan 11), it seems crazy on our part to let them go like this. I guess there's something not quite right behind the scenes (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom