*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
Thought I'd give the HTC One M8 another go again and bought a Glacial Silver version this time round. Despite some very minor cosmetic niggles - loose volume rocker and a machine scratch on the chrome bezel by the SD card slot, I'm happy.

Am defo keeping this one. Need to get rid of the OPO phone now and my Nexus 5 (battery life is getting worse and charging it 3 times in a day just to make it through the end of the working day.)

Soldato
Just a heads up...anyone who is looking for that Stock Android experience without going down that route Google have made the Google Now Launcher available for download via the Play Store.

Just installed it and all seems well, what it will do is change the way you use your camera with a few of the options moving about! To be honest I prefer sense now I'm back on it but this way you can have stock Android looks without the hassle :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys.

Several different people, landlines and mobiles have reported that my calls begin to break up to the point where I can't be heard at all after around 5 minutes of talking. Quality is great at first, and I can hear fine at all times but I'm apparently very difficult to make out once it kicks in. Signal quality seems fine as the calls sound good for a short period befor they start breaking up. Everything else on the phone is working perfectly! I'm on vodafone, living in the middle of London.

Just though I'd ask before calling support...

Thanks!

Can't type for toffee
Don
Despite my concerns over HTC CS, I've just ordered 2 M8's :eek:
one for me one for the missus Gunmetal and silver, unfortunatley couldn't get the amber one she wanted.

26.99/m (24m contract)
1000mins
unl txt
2GB DATA
Handset - FREE

Ordered thru EE, not sure if it's going to have a EE OS on it tho.

Are there any bits n bobs I should do immediatley when they arrive?

Cheers

Soldato
Bit the bullet and upgraded through Vodafone to one of these from a Galaxy Nexus. A little bit bigger, not sure how much faster yet but I'm going to assume a fair amount.

Only problem is all the crap that came installed on it that I can't uninstall, like Facebook and all the Vodafone stuff.

I take it I'm going to have to root it and use Titanium backup to get rid of them right?

Soldato
@benjo Mate how's the GPe ROM running on your M8? Things like battery life and camera resolution taken a hit?

Am thinking of converting my M8 but am currently enjoying Sense 6 and the goodies that come with it.

Soldato
@benjo Mate how's the GPe ROM running on your M8? Things like battery life and camera resolution taken a hit?

Am thinking of converting my M8 but am currently enjoying Sense 6 and the goodies that come with it.

Batterylife is great, I'm getting a about 4-5 hours screen time. Mostly just browsing and music streaming.

I haven't noticed a difference with the camera. You still get the full resolution using the GPE. Added bonus is the HTC Photo edit is included, and the depth sensor is supported.

Here's some unedited photos straight from the phone;

1vE1IDJ.jpg

5NaZhzI.jpg

YMlp827.jpg

Camera really isn't as bad as people like to make out.

Soldato
@benjo Thanks for the detailed reply Mate. Am glad that the battery life and camera pretty much are on par with Sense 6. The pictures look great especially of the Emirates since it was shot in low light.
Squirrels scare the hell out of me so you're brave offering it some food! haha

Will probably convert to GPe after I get bored of using Sense.

Soldato
No worries.

Last time I checked, it's quite difficult to go from GPE back to Sense without running into problems. So keep that in mind if you do convert to the GPE :)

Soldato
No worries.

Last time I checked, it's quite difficult to go from GPE back to Sense without running into problems. So keep that in mind if you do convert to the GPE :)

Thanks for the heads up Mate.

Just a few quick questions...

Firstly when you flash the GPe ROM how much memory is left usable of 16Gb?

Secondly can you get OTA updates or do you have to flash a new ROM every time it's released?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom