SWG Emu

Soldato
Just a quick ask for anyone not playing this any more yet may still have it installed, if anyone has any of the recyclers or schematics or parts and has no interest in keeping them may I have them please?

Soldato
Every time i've gone back there's not really been anything to do but I keep waiting for the day that it is as close no pre-NGE as possible :)

Think the last time I played it was 1 shot kill on all creatures, very few skills or trades worked etc.

Soldato
Well I logged in and well this game still has some sort of magic hold over me. I seem to have a load of CA and AA tapes that I never remember collecting and I must have ground a few characters up as I have a MRM/MDoc, MRM/MCM, MPistols and BH and Smuggler Pistols lines, and a MSwords/TKA/Fencer/Pike character. All in all good fun wandering around old sights on Tat. Will explore tomorrow a bit more.

Associate
Just curious, but are you Lucifer Kaizer?

I also remember Tohrazer from Euro-Chimaera :p

Nope not me.

My toons were all on Bloodfin.

Nofea - Master Brawler/TKA/Swords who became a full template Jedi

Leeta - Master Pistols who became my Master Artisan/Armoursmith - she made my money :D

Leosa - Master Carbines then on to Master Rifles

Associate
I haven't played it in ages, but it is still live and kicking more than ever so it seems. I would be interested to know the typical population.

Although at this moment in time the server is down, it currently has a capped population of 3000, unless they've changed it. During peak times, sometimes you have to queue to get on :) So it's well populated.

Soldato
They seem to have implemented a load of stuff. PVP doesn't really seem to be happening and there are lots of funny things eg I can't see any crafted T-21s so I am presuming we haven't had the resources spawn yet. Anyway I still love it and it feels so much more Star Wars than SWTOR ever did.

Associate
Been playing this on-off since January, rekindling my love for Pre-CU SWG!

It's very good, very addictive as it was in the past when Pre-CU was live!

There's some PVP happening but not very often, chase it up on the EMU forums and there's normally a planned PVP event happening at some point in the month.

Associate
can't Belive I've missed this thread,

I'll have to load this up when I get home, Played from US Beta
use to have a Jedi on the Old US Eclipse server, when they where still rare

Soldato
can't Belive I've missed this thread,

I'll have to load this up when I get home, Played from US Beta
use to have a Jedi on the Old US Eclipse server, when they where still rare

Never played galaxies, but I heard about jedi were rare. Why were they rare, how hard was it to be one? What was it like to be one, did they do very well (too well) in pvp?
What would you do as a jedi, could you go to the darkside and be a sith?

Soldato
Jedi were rare in the beginning because not a lot was known about the method for unlocking them.... soon people shared all the information about the Holocron grind, basically you had to master 3 (I think) separate professions they where randomly picked and you could use holocrons to tell you how close you where...

Some people got lucky, and only needed to master several basic professions... others weren't so as I remember hearing about a guy who had to grind every single profession tree in the game to get his unlock. But soon everyone was working towards it and they became more and more common.

Again in the beginning it wasn't so bad... Padawans sucked and could be easily killed, if jedi used there abilities in public they where flagged as a combatant and anyone could take a pop... there was also perma death... they got killed, they stayed dead and had to start again! This was awesome! Especially when they added jedi player bounties for us bounty hunters to get stuck in to. But it was flawed, the holo grind became to easy for experienced players and with the removal of perma death Sony wanted a more interesting way of doing things so they gave us the village!

Again if anyone wanted to do it they could, padawans where still easy marks but higher level players where too over powered and so Sony started ruining other combat classes in a useless attempt to balance the game again.

I eventually went Jedi, right before the NGE and was furious when it became a starting profession... it was still over powered compared to the other combat classes at the higher levels and the game just became "Jedi Wars" There was no, being a dark jedi, joining the sith or the emperor etc it was all poorly thought out!

Back
Top Bottom