Marvel Heroes

Soldato
Another reason to buy Rocket's enhanced movie costume: if you wear it, Rocket summons the movie version of Groot.

Drax, Gamora and Groot team-ups are also scheduled for the Very Near Future, so it will be possible as Rocket to run around with two permanently summoned Groots and a horde of Grootlings. You know you want to...

Associate
I wonder if there's going to be a switch in place if you use the Groot team up as Rocket like they have with the Thor/BiB Spidey team ups, they seem to have been hit hard by Marvel lately over this no duplicates thing, apparently 5 Spider-Men in a team is fine but if one of them summons their team up it switches to being Scarlet Spider because otherwise it'd break canon :)

Soldato
I wonder if there's going to be a switch in place if you use the Groot team up as Rocket like they have with the Thor/BiB Spidey team ups, they seem to have been hit hard by Marvel lately over this no duplicates thing, apparently 5 Spider-Men in a team is fine but if one of them summons their team up it switches to being Scarlet Spider because otherwise it'd break canon :)

Groot is different because he's a plant. He routinely makes cuttings of himself that will eventually grow into full size Groots, so it's quite reasonable to have several of him running about.

Associate
Groot is different because he's a plant. He routinely makes cuttings of himself that will eventually grow into full size Groots, so it's quite reasonable to have several of him running about.

Marvel disagrees apparently. On Rocket having the Groot team up out stops you calling the ability version and vice versa.

Oh well, got some splinters saved up, might get Drax or Gamora to fufil my GoTG needs.

Soldato
Marvel disagrees apparently. On Rocket having the Groot team up out stops you calling the ability version and vice versa.

Oh well, got some splinters saved up, might get Drax or Gamora to fufil my GoTG needs.

I've been using Drax whilst leveling Quill, he plays the tank mode real well and cut's mobs to pieces with ease. I haven't tried Gamora yet but she's also a melee that uses a gun and a blade.

Really enjoying Star-Lord :D

Nullrage does reviews for all the Team-Ups so if your looking for specifics have a look !

Soldato

Which is dumb, as there's an entire planet of Groots.

Oh well, last night I got Rocket to 60, Store Lard to 23 and earned enough splinters to buy Thor. My roster is now complete, and I'm 190 levels away from having everyone at 60. Weekend goal: Who? to 60, Daredevil, Thing and Invisimom to 50, and Thor to 25.

Soldato
The weekend goal did not go well. Star-Lord is at 60 and very nice after a painful dip in the 30s and 40s - free clue, ignore the Element Gun tree apart from a point in Water and dumping in Elemental Shot for Spirit regen - and Thor is in the low 30s, but the others didn't get touched at all. I also dropped a couple of million credits and some Splinters on re-rolling my spare costumes, ending up with nothing better than Ghost Rider's Enhanced costume and his What If? costume. <sigh>

Oh well, Rocket's M'Kraan is at rank 4 now. I'm getting close to being able to drop the Hand of Nimrod and River Uru for more Making Things Explode gear.

Soldato
Apologies for the triple post, but Iron Man's 52 review is on the Test Centre and it's much more wide ranging than expected.

Also Doomsaw has dropped a hint that there may be a surprise hero coming soon. It's most likely to be X-23 or Beast, as they both would use existing power sets.

Soldato
Isn't this the second review he's had ? X-23 or Beast ... hmm if they get the visual of Beast right I'd rather they released him first but Doomsaw's spoiler section is full of X-23.

I recently discovered the Joys of S... Scarlet Witch !! WoW, I didn't realise just how awesome her AoE was ! That skill which unlocks at level 30 'Chaos Warp' is amazing and visually stunning. I was lucky that I had two extra SW tokens that dropped on release so I've upgraded her ultimate to rank 3 and it empties the whole screen of baddies with a button press :D

Spent a few more credits on a random costume roll, got Spiderman's Big time red version which doesn't look too bad.

Associate
Only thing about Chaos warp is it kinda locks you into staying in once place, making it harder to avoid some of the incomming attacks that you don't want to get hit by. You can move, it will break the chaos warp though and isn't that fast of an exit. Plus you end up mostly just casting chaos warp over and over and over.

I have my SW at 60 and I used Chaos warp all the way to 60. Using Ruinous Flux lvl 1 (19 with gear) + Ominous Veil. Then I just throw down the area stuff, being hex binding + combusting hex + ravenous binding + Chaos warp. 1 pt in corrosive hex also gives you a option to make them vunerable. Also have Chaotic hex leveled so I can throw out some heat seekers :)

Wizard medallion is nice for SW

Never anger a witch! :p

Crafted my first random costume yesterday, and got Hulks horseman of the apocalypse. I think it looks pretty good - if only I had Hulk to use it on ;)

Associate
Possibly new cosmic event this weekend.

Test center information so may change.
New Event - Cosmic Chaos!

We’re happy to announce a new event launching this week: Cosmic Chaos!

This event will last the full week, until next week’s patch. This event is also recurring and will come back every month, allowing for short-term and long-term goals for the event. We plan to have more regularly recurring events like this, to provide something to consistently look forward to.

With that in mind, check out out the features of Cosmic Chaos!

Cosmic Bosses Drop Double Loot - All cosmic Terminal bosses, every time.

Cosmic Questions Answered - What is the answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? The answer is a 42% server-side multiplicative boost to Rare Item Find, Special Item Find and Experience for all your heroes.

Cosmic Prestige Doubled - Doubled leveling rate for Cosmic Prestige during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Doop Double Spawns - Midtown is more dangerous, with twin Cosmic Doops visiting occasionally.

Cosmic Doop X-Defense - Cosmic Doops can and will appear in Doop waves of X-Defense.

Cosmic Doop Simulation - Cosmic Doops can and will appear in Holo-Sim rounds 5 and higher.

The Power Cosmic - A new Legendary item with powerful potential.

Doop Rune - A new rune that can be found during Cosmic Chaos.

Double Cosmic Warlock Box - Adam Warlock’s 42 splinter Random Cosmic Item box will drop 2 cosmics during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Doop Medallion - A new medallion for heroes that like to get up close and personal.

Cosmic Doop Insignia - A new Insignia featuring a Rare Item Find aura for your and your allies.

Cosmic Doop Training Sector - Move over cow level, portals to this this special facility for training Cosmic Doops is available during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Chaos Supplier: Moondragon - An honorary member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and daughter of Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon in no stranger to cosmic chaos. During this week’s Cosmic Chaos event, and returning each month, Moondragon will exchange Cosmic Worldstones for a variety of items:

The Power Cosmic Legendary Item

New Runeword Crafting Recipe: The Power Doop

New Runeword Crafting Recipe: Doop Inspiration

Portals for the Cosmic Doop Training Sector

Moondragon’s Cosmic Coffer

Doop Ectoplasm Artifact

Doop Insignia

... and Cosmic Doop Companion Pet!

(a few more things are also in development)

Cosmic Shop Items - This Week Only

The store team is getting into this first Cosmic Chaos as well, with a few fun items for this week only:

Cosmic Mystery Box! - A “cosmically enhanced” cross between a BOGO box, mystery box and almost too crazy deal from the fine people on the store team.

Cosmic Penta Boosts - Returning for the Cosmic Chaos event.

Cosmic Hero Sale - A selection of Cosmic Heroes are on sale during Cosmic Chaos:

Silver Surfer
Rocket Raccoon
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Thing
Human Torch
Ms. Marvel.

Cosmic Mega Bundle - All the cosmic heroes with their stash tab and costume at a cosmically crazy deal.

In progress - several things may also be added.
Notes on the event. (I am making an FAQ as well)

There is a new currency called Cosmic Worldstones. These stack to 9999 and will be added to the currency tab eventually, so as not to take up space.

This is a pretty hard core event and will return every month. Each month it will be iterated, adjusted, enhanced, etc. to be amazing and sweet.

There is a ton of cool stuff to find in the world and/or acquire from Moondragon using Cosmic Worldstones. Some of these items will require several events to earn. Example: The cosmetic pet "Cosmic Doop Companion" requires the highest number of Cosmic Worldstones (2000) and can't possibly be earned in one event weekend (except maybe by DegenTP).

Associate
Isn't this the second review he's had ? X-23 or Beast ... hmm if they get the visual of Beast right I'd rather they released him first but Doomsaw's spoiler section is full of X-23.

It is, but his first review was before they formalised the concept a 52 review. Most figured (myself included) his review would be little more than a couple of balance tweaks along with setting the One Off as his sig, guess I'll have to have a lookie on the test centre when I get home and see how wrong it was.

Soldato
Well I'm liking this new Iron Man review, holy plasma balls does he do damage now :p

Granted, I'm only at level 47 but on Superheroic in Midtown with Magneto & the Brotherhood plus Sentinel spawns and other various elites IM simply doesn't do dying :D

Also, just had three cosmic Doop waves within 10mins on this event and the loot+XP is silly high.

Associate
Been playing this again for the last 2 days and have to say its improved massively since launch, maybe the toon im playing but having a ball with ironman.

Associate
I'm fully expecting Iron Man to get some typically gazillion stealth nerfs in the next couple of patches tbh. Having a blast being invincible but they'll need him and Star Lord's 15 minutes to be over by the time Rogue is released.

Soldato
News update: the next hero to be released will be Rogue, and they're aiming for the end of August patch. They're also hoping to get the Bronx Zoo one-shot out at the same time (finally) and possibly introduce Pet-Tech.

Also, they're finalising design on Kitty Pryde and Lockheed. Lockheed isn't a Team-Up; he and Kitty are purchased as if they were a single hero and one of their trees is Lockheed powers.

Back
Top Bottom