*Transfer Window 2014/15 Season Rumours/Signings *AKA Man U fans listing every player under the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Smalling Evans and Jones can't be our back three, thats so hilariously weak and injury prone It makes me want to cry :( Not to mention It's probably worth putting 100 quid on Jones to give away the most penalties this year, if he stays fit.

Caporegime
I would personally pay Vidal 182k per week if it put an end to this tedious transfer 'saga'.

:D

What a mercenary, although as he's touted at United instead of Chelsea or City on those wages he will be moving because he loves the area, wants a fresh challenge, LVG is his hero, always been a united fan and has always wanted to play with Rooney. :p;)

Hopefully PSG or City can snipe him at the last minute so we can hear how he is actually poor anyway :D

Soldato
Vidal deal has been mentioned on BBC but crucially is suffixed with '-report'.

If you look at the actual content rather than the title, all it is is a reference to a la stampa article which is no better than the standard gossip around. It's not usually done by the BBC so has made a few sit up and take notice but I don't think it's anything really significant. Though I hope that it is

Soldato
I suggest it every transfer window, but I'm going to suggest it again...

Can we have a separate thread for Man United fans to discuss their own transfer windows rumours. 212 pages of nothing but rumours and only 1 solid signing so far is a joke!

Soldato
I suggest it every transfer window, but I'm going to suggest it again...

Can we have a separate thread for Man United fans to discuss their own transfer windows rumours. 212 pages of nothing but rumours and only 1 solid signing so far is a joke!

Get out.

The thread title clearly states Rumours

There just happens to be more rumours about us than any other club.

Soldato
It's looking like Sheff Utd are going to be getting Greg Halford from Notts Forest! :D

I know no one in here really cares, but it is still a good signing for us!

Soldato
Vidal deal has been mentioned on BBC but crucially is suffixed with '-report'.

If you look at the actual content rather than the title, all it is is a reference to a la stampa article which is no better than the standard gossip around. It's not usually done by the BBC so has made a few sit up and take notice but I don't think it's anything really significant. Though I hope that it is

this

Soldato

They can't help it if their club isn't as decisive in the transfer market as ours.

"We sign who we want,
we sign who we waaaaaaant,
Newcastle United,
we sign who we want."

Tedious as it is for the rest of us, rumour and hearsay is all the poor guys have.

Soldato
Odds for Vidal to join United have tumbled in the last hour, many bookies have suspended betting and the longest odds available are now 1/4.

Are the bookies one step ahead, or just reacting to the same news that we've all seen? If they are not one step ahead, and acting on news that is 5+ hours old then how can they be profitable? If they ARE one step ahead... VidalON

Man of Honour
Apparently Wenger has confirmed we have bid for Vermaelen.

I trust LVG.

He has, for £10m he wouldn't be a bad buy. If he stays fit (risky) and LvG gets him back to his best, then he'd be a bargain. He only wants defenders who are versatile and very comfortable on the ball, which limits options somewhat. It's us or Barcelona, and Arsenal clearly prefer to sell him abroad, so I expect that's likely to happen unless he refuses to leave England.

The PSG president has confirmed they've walked away from negotiations with Real Madrid for Di Maria, as they're asking too much money. They've never cared about money before so I expect FFP has something do with it. They're believed to want €60-70m for him, which isn't cheap...

The only other club linked fairly strongly to Di Maria has been us, but where would we play him in a 5-3-2 system. The only open role we'd have is either RWB or CM, and I'm not sure he could play next to Herrera there. If we bought him it would signal a switch to a more typical 4-3-3 system, making it difficult to fit Mata/Rooney/RvP in the same team, unless we play Rooney as a winger too.

He'd be a great player to have though, can single-handedly win games on his own and works very hard. If he could slot in at RWB it'd be ideal, but I doubt he can. Him and Cuadrado on the wings would be rather good.

Soldato
I don't think its a case of Agger not fitting into BR's plans. I mean he even made him vice captain so there was definitely a plan for him. I think it's mostly due to how injury prone he is. He's made of paper mache.

Defence is our biggest problem and having someone constantly in and out isn't going to help the problem. Rodgers probably made a much needed decision to move on. Agger has always had that potential to be great, but he's only ever shown it in glimpses due to fitness, and with his age its unlikely he'll ever sort himself out. Personally as much as I'd love to see Agger fit and playing, I do think it's best we get something out of him now when we can and invest in new talent.

Soldato
The PSG president has confirmed they've walked away from negotiations with Real Madrid for Di Maria, as they're asking too much money. They've never cared about money before so I expect FFP has something do with it. They're believed to want €60-70m for him, which isn't cheap...

That probably puts to bed any rumours of Cavani leaving as well.

Permabanned
I don't think its a case of Agger not fitting into BR's plans. I mean he even made him vice captain so there was definitely a plan for him. I think it's mostly due to how injury prone he is. He's made of paper mache.

Defence is our biggest problem and having someone constantly in and out isn't going to help the problem. Rodgers probably made a much needed decision to move on. Agger has always had that potential to be great, but he's only ever shown it in glimpses due to fitness, and with his age its unlikely he'll ever sort himself out. Personally as much as I'd love to see Agger fit and playing, I do think it's best we get something out of him now when we can and invest in new talent.

That in a nutshell, I really like Agger but he is just not consistently fit enough these last few seasons. :(

s-p

s-p

Associate
It's looking like Sheff Utd are going to be getting Greg Halford from Notts Forest! :D

I know no one in here really cares, but it is still a good signing for us!

I care...

... it's Nott'm Forest, not Notts Forest. :p

In all seriousness, he was a useful utility player but not quite at the level we need if we're serious about pushing for promotion. Hope you've got some useful target men to take advantage of his throw.

Soldato
Halford puts it about a bit too, decent for sheff u in league one.

Looks like we got rid of Cox to reading, allready had his quota for the next ten games anyhow, scored one in pre season:)

Pearce sure is moving and a shaking it, tempted to go down on saturday if i get off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom