Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It's improving in south Cheshire. Went out running at 9am (14 miles) and got soaked but it's stopped raining now.

It's actually tempting me to go out - I've got 3.5 hours before guests arrive so I could get a bit of a ride in. Ground is still soaked though and I'm not sure I can be bothered cleaning my bike/chain/etc after it gets covered in mud. Hmm... Laziness...

Soldato
Started looking towards winter training and have a small Budget of £600 for a winter bike. I would like to go off road a bit this winter so the boardman Cx comp is top of my list unless anyone can find anything else around that price?

Anyone Have any thoughts on the boardman? Cheers.

at 600 quid, the ribble winter trainer has to be worth a look

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sed/r...equipped?part=SE14ARIBSHIMAUDAX&sub=conf_SERW

I considered one before ending up spending rather more on a kinesis T2

Caporegime
Associate
Tour o' the Borders sportive for me today:

http://app.strava.com/activities/178199322

Quite lumpy. Ridiculously early start as well as i was in wave 1, so up at about 5am to fuel up in time for a 6.30 start.

Was a brilliant day on the bike though. Stunning scenery and the road quality was great - hardly a pothole to be seen. The rain even held off until about 20mins from the finish line!

Soldato
That was not the most enjoyable ride I've ever done. It was properly chucking it down throughout the duration of the ride! Luckily, it was dry up to the start so we didn't stand around soaking wet and cold.

The route was shortened to 86mi for safety concerns, meaning they chopped out the 2 hills that made the ride interesting. Although, I'm kind of glad as it was pretty ****** miserable. Saw lots of crashes, rode through water that was bottom bracket deep and almost came off on a bend when the guy in front of me slid off. Saved by my mad Jedi skillz.:cool:

http://www.strava.com/activities/178234514

Wasn't as quick as I was hoping, think I pushed too hard early on and struggled later to keep on the fast drafting trains. Almost cramped up in my quads and calves many times.:mad:

Couldn't see you at all near the Black A start Asprilla!

Associate
Fancy wheels are always fun though :) Most aero on the market, unlikely. But most aero set you own, highly likely.

Personally i reckon the biggest speed gain you get from shiny wheels comes from not wanting someone with less shiny wheels to overtake you :p

What kind of warranty and crash replacement do you get with them??

Associate
Nice. Which frame is it? Was pawing over velobuild today looking at the 016, 025, 028 and 041. Some nice looking frames. Then i came home, looked at mine and realized it was just a big dose of N+1 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom