Fable Anniversary coming to Steam soon

Associate
Not played this but thoroughly enjoyed number 2, will probably wait for a price drop tho, depends how bored I get after I complete Darksiders 2 :p

Soldato
Currently playing through Fable 3 for the first time and enjoying it so far. Never played the first game but the second game on the 360 was brilliant back during release. Great humour and a very good adventure engine overall.

Associate
Currently playing through Fable 3 for the first time and enjoying it so far. Never played the first game but the second game on the 360 was brilliant back during release. Great humour and a very good adventure engine overall.

SAVE UP LOADS OF CASH before progressing the story too far.

Avoiding spoilers, but once you can buy property, start doing that and saving up cash for a while.
The game changes to a kingdom management simulator partway through, and without a large treasury and good income you end up being unable to choose the 'good' option a lot of the time, in case that bothers you.

I know the game got a lot of stick, but I really enjoyed it (apart from needing to use the social side to unlock all the weapons, which was lame as I know no-one who played it.)

Soldato
Ok cheers for the heads up :) So far I am doing quests around Bowerstone market and can't believe how similar it is to the same location from Fable 2. It has evolved over time from the 2nd to 3rd game and that alone was awesome to see.

Only brought the one market stall so far. Looking forward to checking out Fable: Anniversary edition for sure.

Associate
Kinda hoping it isn't 30fps capped like the xbox anniversary was.

If they have uncapped it i will get it, if not ill stay clear my self even if Fable was one of my top 10 games ever :D

Soldato
Just bought from Kinguin for just over a tenner. Key already arrived. Can't wait. I played it on release all those years ago, but tbh didn't really appreciate it at the time as I should have. Looking forward to playing it again and really enjoying it this time!

Soldato
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-11-fable-anniversary-pc-gets-modding-support

The PC version of Fable Anniversary includes modding support, Lionhead has revealed.
Producer Craig Oman told Eurogamer Fable Anniversary on PC comes with a version of the Unreal Engine 3 editor, which lets users edit all of the existing art and animation in the game.

"This means that anything our artists and animators can do, the mod community will now be able to do," he said.
However, because of the way the original Fable was created, Lionhead wasn't able to add support for new content such as quests, characters or weapons.
"But we are working with some of the modding community already as part of our beta testing and we will continue to do what we can to support them post launch," Oman added.

...Full Steam Workshop integration is being worked on for Fable Anniversary on PC, but it will not be ready for the launch of the game tomorrow, 12th September 2014.
Nice.

Soldato
SAVE UP LOADS OF CASH before progressing the story too far.

I know the game got a lot of stick, but I really enjoyed it (apart from needing to use the social side to unlock all the weapons, which was lame as I know no-one who played it.)

See what you mean about the sim city element of the game. I just finished it and cheated my way through with quite a lot of cash :p:D:o I thought it was quite a good game overall - not as good as Fable 2 mind.

Bought a key off Kinguin for Fable: Anniversery for £11 but Steam threw a wobbly so I'm in the motion of getting that resolved hopefully by tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom