Robin Williams found dead at home

Soldato
He was one of my favourite comedians growing up, even young I knew he suffered with alcoholism and drug abuse.
I've never been one to get bothered by celebrity deaths, but this one has hit me hard given the nature of his death and depression, hit very close to home and had to spend yesterday away from the internet to avoid the postings and tributes as I just kept welling up :(

Soldato
**** the tabloid media, quite frankly.

This. I cannot understand why outlets such as the Daily Mail are allowed to continue polluting and perverting our opinions with false information day in and day out.
I strongly believe England/UK would be a better place without the Daily Mail. For starters there would be a lot less hate.

Soldato
This. I cannot understand why outlets such as the Daily Mail are allowed to continue polluting and perverting our opinions with false information day in and day out.
I strongly believe England/UK would be a better place without the Daily Mail. For starters there would be a lot less hate.

From what I see, it's mainly older people that read it. (You know, the ones that own their own houses and whose generation has had it the best in mankind's history - they clearly have a lot to gripe about.) It is my hope that when my children are adults the Mail's readership will be in great decline.

Soldato
From what I see, it's mainly older people that read it. (You know, the ones that own their own houses and whose generation has had it the best in mankind's history - they clearly have a lot to gripe about.) It is my hope that when my children are adults the Mail's readership will be in great decline.

This is true until you leave the bubble of education that I, and presumably you, live in. The uneducated masses still see that type of paper as a genuine source of news, sadly.

Associate
I can't believe the amount of people that actually read the Daily Mail, they're one of the most popular news sites around at the moment. For a tabloid that actively attempts to incite racial hatred; how they still exist is beyond me. The amount of blatant lies and misinformation they churn out on a daily basis is incredible. They really need to be reigned in.

Hopefully they'll overstep the line and end up like NOTW.

Soldato
very sad and selfish

Leigh, I can only suspect that you have never suffered from any kind of mental illness in your life (and I sincerely hope you don't have to experience it in your lifetime). I hope you're not the type to say "just pull yourself together" as to say that to someone is devastating on a scale of massive proportions believe me.

I'd love to be able to tell my story about my 'episode' but it would be TLDR.

RIP Mr Williams.

Soldato
I can't believe the amount of people that actually read the Daily Mail, they're one of the most popular news sites around at the moment. For a tabloid that actively attempts to incite racial hatred; how they still exist is beyond me. The amount of blatant lies and misinformation they churn out on a daily basis is incredible. They really need to be reigned in.

Make them Laugh or cry or angry.

It sells newspapers, I should know I work for the D......

Soldato

Don't be so sure, I see a lot of "Britain First" links shared by people in their 20s on Facebook.

Soldato
RIP Robin Williams. Russell Brand's article really nailed it for me. It's hard not to see similarities between the two really. We get to share their manic, comic personae while they suffer alone with their demons. I can't imagine living in that situation and it's no wonder so many don't make it through.

They are a disgraceful outfit and it really disturbs me quite how many people read their website. They seem to have a veneer of respect that the public buy into which allows them to push their agenda more easily. How people don't see through it I have no idea.

Also, nice to see the usual GD pond life queuing up to make arses of themselves when it comes to understanding mental health issues - ironically some posters come across as suffering borderline personality disorders themselves so maybe it's a bit close to home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom