Motors YouTube Videos

Soldato
Balls to that. They'd be better off with micro translations, 5 or 10p to watch a video. I only watch the Chris Harris vids, and they're not worth the money alone for a sub.

I had the same stance, but I'm actually beginning to think about it. I haven't yet found another channel that I enjoy quite as much as CH on Cars. EVO is the next best thing for me in terms of presenters, filming style and presentation - but they seem to do less "on the road" videos now, and instead have switched to doing mainly head to head track times and drag battles - none of which I find as interesting as on the road tests.

I'm going to see how it goes for a couple of months, but if they start providing regular Chris Harris vids (ie, at least 1 a week of at least 15 minutes) then I might consider a subscription. £25 a year is £2.08 month, which isn't too bad assuming there's guaranteed content. Consider is about 50p per Chris Harris on Cars video, plus access to the rest of the Drive channel - most of that does't interest me, but some of their features were very interesting.

Soldato
Indeed, if they are having production cost issues they should look for sponsors, not charge a subscription.

I would rather see them pushing Castrol Oil or something than pay for content I don't care for just to see the Chris Harris videos.

Yeah. Downside to that is they could be seen to lose independence and could be subject to commercial pressures from the advertisers.

Interesting that YouTube were underwriting the costs to get them off the ground.

Soldato
Yeah. Downside to that is they could be seen to lose independence and could be subject to commercial pressures from the advertisers.

Interesting that YouTube were underwriting the costs to get them off the ground.

I think they've done the same with a lot of others too, in an effort to get YouTube viewed as more of a serious video service not just a funny clips depository

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I have reconsidered my stance on the drive thing.

I'm going to put £10 worth of subscription into it and see how it goes.

The article that Harris did on PH opened my eyes a bit, £9k for the F40/F50 vid is crazy, but I suppose that hiring a track ain't cheap.

I want to support them, so will give it a go. I would rather not have to pay at all, but I don't want it to die off all together.

Associate
im not subscribing but im watching the full drive+ videos, to be honest im not all that impressed, chris harris is reviewing cars that have been reviewed previously by other channels(hes built up a collection so they can have something to show off to attract new customers) but the issue with that is it feels a bit out of date.

Matt Farah hasnt been as good as some of his previous episodes, the latest of him driving his mates porsche was a bit cringeworthy with his laughing constantly, the sharksworks gt3 wasnt a bad episode

Overall I wouldnt want to pay for it up to yet, but thats just my opinion on it

Caporegime
Not sure about that video. Orange Audi was a bit stupid accelerating into a kerb as the grey car was virtually past him when he put his foot down

Defensive driving would have let the Vauxhall infront and he wouldnt have knackered his wheel up - shame some people seem to take offense to being overtaken.

However - I can understand the red mist but sometimes its not worth it for a kicking - they were stuck in traffic and he had no where to go if those guys decided to get out and smash every panel in.

Soldato

Should see it here, everyone wants to be as far forward as possible and will switch and swap lanes 10 times to do so, if you leave space for a single car between you and the car infront... someone will put a car into it.

Getting cut up is normal!

In that video I'd have gotten out and punched the Insignia drive though, that was pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom