** SHIELD TABLETS NOW AVAILABLE & BUNDLES FROM OcUK!! **

Soldato
Just wish it came with a bigger screen...about the only use I have for a tablet is reading magazines and comics..and an 8' screen is just too small.

..if they did one with 10.1' or more screen I'd snap one up.

Is a larger screen version likely at all?

Soldato
Just wish it came with a bigger screen...about the only use I have for a tablet is reading magazines and comics..and an 8' screen is just too small.

..if they did one with 10.1' or more screen I'd snap one up.

Is a larger screen version likely at all?

Probably something like the Galaxy Tab S, or even the Nexus 10 be a better bet for you, depending on how much you wanted to spend.

There's a fair few different 10" tabs available, so it's all down to price and features, but if it's just for comics then you probably don't need to splash out for the top of the range hardware.

Soldato
, but if it's just for comics then you probably don't need to splash out for the top of the range hardware.

Trouble is, the cheaper tablets all come with a crappy low res (1280) screen..

The best screen size and resolution for mags and comic reading is a minimum 10' and 1080p resolution (2560x1440 ideally) and once your into that sort of spec, your looking at at least £300 anyway, which is why I'd like one of these for the extra gaming power and streaming capability with my Nvidia 760.

..but not at 8' :(

OcUK Staff
OP
Seen on Facebook you guys at OcUK have been playing with one of these. Any thoughts?

As a tablet best tablet I have ever used, it was so fast is was epic and the speakers are superb, great quality and loud.

For me the only negative is I prefer a larger tablet, like 9.7 or 10.1 inch but many prefer smaller.

I've now given it to one of my colleagues to test more thoroughly but initial findings we are extremely impressed! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

We shall get our first shipment of 16GB Tablets, controllers and covers today/tomorrow.

However NVIDIA have a severe shortage on covers with no ETA, so if your order is being delayed by a cover please call our sales if your order has not shipped by tomorrow to remove the cover from your order.

I'd advice customers not to order the cover during this shortage as it will delay your order shipping and to simply order it once they are available from stock.

Associate
How do I move app and game program (APK + OBB) files from the SHIELD TABLET's internal storage to the microsd card?

Move data files by going to Settings → Apps → (Select App) → Move to SD card
NOTES:
The ability to move data to SD card is variable for select apps and games. Only apps that developers have opted in as moveable to external storage can be moved.
The SHIELD tablet only supports writing to FAT32 and NTFS formatted cards.
64 GB (or higher) microSD cards – Android does not support the exFAT file system out-of-the-box. Because the standard FAT32 file system does NOT support partitions greater than 32 GB by default, 64 GB cards come pre-formatted as exFAT. If you want to use a 64 GB microSD with the SHIELD tablet, it has to be converted to a file system format that is supported by stock Android, which in this case is NTFS. This can be done using a PC.
Android KitKat significantly changes the way applications are allowed to use SD cards. If you use SD Card to store data, please read here for further details.

Doesn't say games cannot be moved only that apps have to be developed as moveable?

http://shield.nvidia.com/tablet-faq/

Suspended
Doesn't say games cannot be moved only that apps have to be developed as moveable?

http://shield.nvidia.com/tablet-faq/

It's always been that way, developers are free to enable the moving of files to the sdcard, but most of them don't. I've installed so many games over the last 3 years and I can only only think of one that gave the option.

As for apps2sd, that was designed for older versions of Android and doesn't really work but manufacturers are free to enable it, for example if you have an application taking up 3GB of storage apps2sd will move something like 50MB to the microsd card and that's that's it. It's useless.

Soldato
So people who have received theirs what do you think?

Debating swapping my iPad mini for 1 as its totaly full but the fact you cant install games to the sd card is kinda worrying.

Associate
It's always been that way, developers are free to enable the moving of files to the sdcard, but most of them don't. I've installed so many games over the last 3 years and I can only only think of one that gave the option.

As for apps2sd, that was designed for older versions of Android and doesn't really work but manufacturers are free to enable it, for example if you have an application taking up 3GB of storage apps2sd will move something like 50MB to the microsd card and that's that's it. It's useless.

Maybe you have just been unlucky, i have been able to move pretty much every app / game i have tried other than preinstalled stuff (i won't go as far as to say everything i have downloaded as i can't remember everything i have installed on my phone / tablet :confused:).

Associate
So people who have received theirs what do you think?

Debating swapping my iPad mini for 1 as its totaly full but the fact you cant install games to the sd card is kinda worrying.

im trading my ipad air 16gb + 64gb ipad 3 retina for this 32gb nvidia tablet , nvidia is always updating !!!! so worth it for software !

Soldato
Loving mine so far, really impressive tablet. The software is a bit annoying though, cant remove, home screens or the google side search bar.

Soldato
Loving mine so far, really impressive tablet. The software is a bit annoying though, cant remove, home screens or the google side search bar.

Installing a different launcher will allow you to do that.

Personally I'd recommend Nova launcher, but it's down to personal preference which one you want to use.

Back
Top Bottom