To those of you with a 'weekend' car

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

And, it sounds silly, but a Westfield or Caterham with a top speed around 100MPH doesn't appeal to me (even if the 0-60 figures are <5sec).

Apart from the track, where can you do 100mph+ anyway?

Oh, and I've had my Westfield @ 130mph on track. Even on a 1/4 mile it terminals @ 102mph. Aeroscreen ftw!

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I get the off roading thing too, proper weekend'er

I drove home over Salisbury plane the other weekend and a convoy of Landrovers went the other way, all fully covered in mud with just the wiper arches clear on the screen. They looked like they had been having great fun!

Associate
If I retain my 330D xDrive for the full finance term, i'd want a ridiculous petrol convertible to compliment it, but the 330D delivers impressive figures already, so the bar is is already higher than most affordable sports cars (MX5, Elise etc).

Sounds like a perfect case for buying a motorcycle! Cheap, fast and more exciting than any car you will ever likely be able to afford. Slight risk of dismemberment . . . :D

Soldato
Moddds Modddddddds, he is being abusive :(

No No... it is recognition of your wisdom!

Apart from the track, where can you do 100mph+ anyway?

Oh, and I've had my Westfield @ 130mph on track. Even on a 1/4 mile it terminals @ 102mph. Aeroscreen ftw!

As I said, it sounds silly (due to legal reasons). However I couldn't help but find that i'd be getting half a car. If I tracked in, it'd be filthy-awesome on corners and chicanes, but on long straights it would probably struggle with acceleration figures past 60MPH (rough guess on a basic 'Caterfield').

Sounds like a perfect case for buying a motorcycle! Cheap, fast and more exciting than any car you will ever likely be able to afford. Slight risk of dismemberment . . . :D

Yea perfect for a bike, however knowing how I like to occasionally push things further than the limit, a car will forgive, however a bike won't.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

As I said, it sounds silly (due to legal reasons). However I couldn't help but find that i'd be getting half a car. If I tracked in, it'd be filthy-awesome on corners and chicanes, but on long straights it would probably struggle with acceleration figures past 60MPH (rough guess on a basic 'Caterfield').

There aren't many UK tracks that have straights long enough to take advantage of higher top speeds anyway. Take Anglesey for example - I overtake nearly everything (Atoms excepted) on the straights as I top out at around 110mph and it's still pulling hard - aero doesn't become an issue at those kind of speeds - it's all power to weight.

Not having a windscreen obviously helps as well, as that's where most of the drag comes from on a Seven style car - which is another reason why Atoms are also so fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom