ADSL2+ rollout plans?

Man of Honour
Does anyone know where I can find information about ADSL2+ (21CN WBC) rollout? My exchange is not currently enabled and most of the focus these days tends to be on fibre, so it doesn't seem to get talked about a lot any more. Thanks.

Caporegime
I suspect the rollout has more or less been ditched in favour of Fibre TBH. I know of quite a few customers than have gone from ADSL to Fibre without even going LLU.

Man of Honour
OP
Seems a bit 'all or nothing' if that's the case, in that at least ADSL2+ upgrades benefit all customers at an exchange whereas fibre is dependent on cabinet upgrades (in other words, unless all cabs are to be upgraded in seems unfortunate that ADSL2+ is being overlooked). Where I live there is no ADSL2+, no LLU, no FTTC, no cable, no 4G etc so people would be literally queueing up round the block chequebooks in hand to sign up for faster services.

Soldato
I am still on standard 8 meg, so I hope it stays like this for another couple of years then maybe we will get fiber quicker :) TBH I can stream 1080p youtube decently enough if it is just me online but it would be good for steam to have quicker downloads.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Seems a bit 'all or nothing' if that's the case, in that at least ADSL2+ upgrades benefit all customers at an exchange whereas fibre is dependent on cabinet upgrades (in other words, unless all cabs are to be upgraded in seems unfortunate that ADSL2+ is being overlooked). Where I live there is no ADSL2+, no LLU, no FTTC, no cable, no 4G etc so people would be literally queueing up round the block chequebooks in hand to sign up for faster services.

Have a look at http://www.hampshiresuperfastbroadband.com/

Soldato

Similar situation here, all the cabs except mine are getting FTTC this year, including a new one for EO lines.
So I'm stuck with ADSL Max. Speeds wouldn't change too much for me (2Mb sync), but the IP profiles would be better and I'd probably be able to use a cheaper ISP ( have to go business class ATM or performance in the evenings is abysmal)

Back
Top Bottom