*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I meant the controller :)
Not sure if i've just missed a joke :rolleyes:

Sorry the controllers have paddles on the back you choose what buttons you want them to activate, I had mine activating A (jump) and B (crouch/prone/dropshot) just improves reaction times without taking your thumbs of the sticks.

Ahh yeah some designs aren't great. I'd keep my Blue controller abs just install the black buttons and keep my Xbone thumbsticks.. I just want the paddles really.

Last edited:
Soldato
it lowers the temp of one part of the console but decreases airflow throughout the console meaning other parts get hotter.

it's like drilling holes into a ferrari engine so one part gets cooler and the rest all get hotter.

sony know how to make consoles and how to cool them more than adequately, this isn't their first rodeo.

i trust them 100 times more than their nearest competitor who's last console died on me 5-6 times within the space of a few years. i've never had a sony console die within 5 years of me buying it. in fact their average lifespan is sitting at 10+ years from my experience of them from ps to ps4

This. My ancient PS1 console still works (I only keep it for FF7 :)) 17 years on!

Still have a PS2 that still runs as new as well. Power it up now and then for a JRPG fix :D

More than I can say for the two Xbox 360's that red ringed on me.

Soldato
Launch Playstations have been pretty notorious for reliability problems, if you've had launch-era machines and gone through so far with no problems I'd say you're pretty lucky...

PS1 constantly skipped during FMVs, was to do with the PSU being under or around the disc laser if I remember. PS2 also had an issue with dodgy lasers. PS3 YLOD.

I think Nintendo consoles are the only ones I have that have never had to have been replaced.

Before last Gen I was thinking how on Earth are all these people breaking their machines.

Then
Last Gen Ps4 Fat ylod Heavy use. 360 Elite RROD hardly any use... Wii Stop reading Disks hardly any use.....

Ps4 diskdrive broke was only a few weeks old.....

Soldato
Hi

Just jumped onto the ps4 bandwagon :D bought a refurbished one for £269 + last of us + the 365 p+ sub total £330:)

Roll on wed/Thursday im off work :D

Associate
Tempted to send my Controller in to be modified with the paddles etc, i made my own "scuf" for the 360 and it was fantastic for FPS. With Destiny, COD and Battlefield on the horizon it could be a good investment.

ps4-sharq-mauser-.jpg

ps4-sharq-mauser-.jpg

I know many will probably think waste of money but considering they controllers live a long time its well worth it IMO.

Works out around £35 which isnt too bad considering there around and beyond £100 elsewhere/buying one from them or Scuf etc.

Where? If I may ask, kind Sir:D

Soldato
Sorry the controllers have paddles on the back you choose what buttons you want them to activate, I had mine activating A (jump) and B (crouch/prone/dropshot) just improves reaction times without taking your thumbs of the sticks.

Ahh yeah some designs aren't great. I'd keep my Blue controller abs just install the black buttons and keep my Xbone thumbsticks.. I just want the paddles really.

In response to the post above.

Back
Top Bottom